New to Boat Fishing

jay kay

Hi JK,

I am pretty new myself to the area and currently motoring out from Poole. I will meet up with you or and can either come onboard with you or you can follow me out on one of my next trips weather / wind permitting.

helps the old confidence with someone close at hand smile.gif

I aim to get out next saturday / sunday 19th -20th AND 23rd -24th.

what boat have you got and engine size, radio and so on. feel free to ask anything we have all been novices at one time and the sharing of knowledge is good within the club

what boat have you got and engine size, radio and so on? Feel free to ask anything, we have all been novices at one time and the sharing of knowledge is good within the club

...........and that flags up the first part of your learning curve; join the Club! It will be the best investment in education you will make and a seemingly bottomless data base.

Terry.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello Jay Kay

Are you local to Poole? If you are try to get along to the next club meeting. You'll get a very warm welcome, it's next Thursday at Parkstone Trades and Labour Club.

If you're worried about the depth in Cobbs I assume you're on the far side of 'F' pontoon, I used to have a 20ft boat along that side and never had any trouble with the depth, just keep well away from the bank at low water.

It rather depends on what you want to get out of being a member of the club.

I joined initially, to find out where to find fish in the local area - having owned a boat for the previous 10 years and guessed!

since joining..............

I have met a great bunch of people who love fishing/boating

I have learned how and where to be more successful in catching (mostly!)

I have learned more about safety than I thought I needed to know!

I have learnned more about different types boats, engines, repairs etc with genuine offers of help whenever it is needed.

I have taken my own boat across the Channel to Alderney

I have entered club fishing competitions and eventually won one.

I get to see what other people catch locally and enjoy the experience through the forum.

I got involved in organising Poole Bay Small boat open comp.

If you get to experience only one of these things - then joining the club will be the best investment you will make.

Neal

It rather depends on what you want to get out of being a member of the club.

I joined initially, to find out where to find fish in the local area - having owned a boat for the previous 10 years and guessed!

since joining..............

I have met a great bunch of people who love fishing/boating

I have learned how and where to be more successful in catching (mostly!)

I have learned more about safety than I thought I needed to know!

I have learnned more about different types boats, engines, repairs etc with genuine offers of help whenever it is needed.

I have taken my own boat across the Channel to Alderney

I have entered club fishing competitions and eventually won one.

I get to see what other people catch locally and enjoy the experience through the forum.

I got involved in organising Poole Bay Small boat open comp.

If you get to experience only one of these things - then joining the club will be the best investment you will make.

Neal

Well put Neal

what I usually say is you get out what you are willing to put in. The more you join in the more you will get back.

Initially you will get great assistance on a steep learning curve on all of the things neal has covered.

Charlie

Jay Kay

Cost vs BENEFIT of joining the club.......NO CONTEST....BENEFIT every time .

I will add the ever growing list by saying ,

Camaraderie, involvement in various functions organised, and the tap into a great deal of local knowledge /experience.

As well as being around a great bunch of smelly boat buddies !! Ha Ha !!

Join and enjoy

A copy from our membership secs email sent to new or prospective members:

Summary of the benefits of joining PBSBAC:

- Knowledge of local fishing spots.

- Latest fish reports.

- Advice, Tips and Hints on fishing techniques and equipment.

- Advice, Tips and Hints on many boat topics (e.g. boat handling, electronics, safety equipment, electrics, engines, boat kit-out).

- Discounted training after first year (e.g. RYA Power Boat 2, VHF Radio, Sea Survival, Engine Maintenance).

- Access to members only areas of the Web Forum.

- Often get discount at some local stores.

- Free entry to club competitions (excludes the Open Comp & 48Hr).

- Fish of the month prize.

- Talks and Presentations at most monthly club meetings (e.g. Local fishing marks and hazards; Using and setting up GPS; Using and setting up FF; Rig tying; Anchoring; Conservation; boat warps; knots, etc).

- Boat Trail aways.

- Social events.

- Skills sharing (100's of trades within the club)

- Networking and meeting people.

- Loaning of lead making moulds.

- and most importantly, safety in numbers (help and assistance whilst out at sea).

Martin

Im a member now, i went to the meet yesterday. I have several reasons for joining the first is to be honest i know next to nothin about boats and very little about fishing from them! I want to learn and be safe. Also id like to meet other people who have the same interests. I will get involved when ever i can and with what ever i can. Hope to meet you all soon.

Just trying to put a pic on profile now, it keeps coming back for any of the photos saying

'error- you are not allowed to upload a picture of that type for personal picture or avatar'

it is just a pic off the camera and from 'my documents/pictures folder.

anyone else had probs?

cheers