thanks paul d

loyal royal

hi everyone i'am back on the site again thanks to paul d well it's been a long 5 months but i am finaly here in new zealand house sorted schools sorted jobs sorted and must important a boat yes i had to do it but hey the fishing here is umbeliverble and the views from my house are to die for back to the boat its a 20ft zenith aggressor with a 200hp etec and i have had it for a week now and not even been out in her yet but i did test it and we nearly hit 48 knots it flys and her name is reef raider . back to us the boys have really settled in well at school and our jobs are going fine aswell it's just a little cold in the mornings here we heat pumps when i kick julie out of bed to put them on can't wait for the summer

oh one fish to record for the book a 5lb 6oz snapper but it was on a charter does it count .

regards mark b

post-17-1248755449jpg

Great to hear from you Mark, glad to read that all is well with you all down under biggrin.gif

That outfit looks the mutts nuts biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif . Not many in NZ do the miles we do here unless they chase the very serious fish offshore.

Most seem to do half days due to the tight control on what you are allowed to keep.

Where are you living?, I have two mates who emigrated and lived in Auckland, both had boats.

If you are in that area I may be able to get you some info.

Tight lines and very best regards

Charlie biggrin.gif

thanks guys charile we live on the north shore in a place called castor bay and the beach is at the bottom of the road which is about 200ft away so not far to tailer (we could push the boat to the slipway its that close ) oh and all the slip ways here are free to use and some of the good ones have floating pontoons and changing rooms biggrin.gif . i must say that snapper i caught it was out on a charter boat from a place called gulf harbour about 1 hour north from me here in auckland anyway i have joint this fishing club called browns bay fishing club and i joint it the night befour this trip that night i was asked if i would like to fish tommorrow on this trip so i said yes please biggrin.gif so the following day i was up at 6am drove to this marina and meet up with them all the youngest i think was 65 and been in this club from year 1 so one of them said lets have a pot so we all put in $10 each great i thought so we headed out of the harbour sailed for about an hour anchored up and then we started fishing as the day went on lot of small fish was coming up someone had a nice john about 3lb the bloke that caught it said they are very good eating everyone on board was useing small baits ie cutting pilchards in half and useing just fillets i stuck to a whole pilchard all day and it payed off last bite of the day and my rod when mad i did have a few smaller snapper through out the day but they came strait up this bigger one didn't so when on board every one looked at me yes the new boy won the money ph34r.gif but hey i stuck with the bigger baits as i was told to do and it payed off and it was very nice to eat . so do you think that i will be invited again ? .

post-17-1248846098jpg

Hi Mark

Good to hear from you again.

Glad everything is working out for you and the family.

Boat looks great and so does the fishing.

Been to Auckland on business a couple of times and sat in a cafe near the harbour, it does look a bit better than Poole for fishing! wink.gif

Look forward to hearing more from you on your new boat.

All the best

Coddy

cool.gif

Edited by Coddy

thanks dave sorry the hear you have been layed off work hope you find some work soon as god starting to sound like a kiwi now (soon as ) . yes i can't wait to get out there but i have a few things to buy for the boat yet ie safey gear life jackets flares and i have a garmin gps plotter coming from the states the 3210 and the little black box that go's with it so i can plug my transducer in to it the boats and outboard are both 2008 so i don't have to worry about serviceing for another 2 years and theres only 60hrs on the engine anyway but one thing i learnt with this great fishing club is never go to sea without all your safey gear wink.gif ?.

mark b

mad.gif Haven,t heard from Rich for ages mate, think he was going part shares in a boat last I heard. Family are well, how about yours? Sam is the new Junior EFSA England boat champion so we are quite proud of him at the moment. Weymouth aint so sunny of late my friend, pretty crappy at the moment. WIND, WIND and more WIND. Still managing to fish 4 times a month in the comps, but , not having a boat anymore makes the Poole comps difficult. Still a great site though with plenty of interesting threads. Good one from Adam with his diving piccies.

What are you doing for a job mate? I have a fair bit of work at the moment but some are struggling. Send some piccies over Bud. Billy

Hey Mark!!! Great to hear from you.

Missing you buddy. weep.gifweep.gif When are ya coming back?

I need someone to buy a round. laugh.gif

Say hello to Dot.

We'll be over for Xmas dinner...and Snapper would sound good on the menu.

Send me a PM with your address. I will Google Earth and see your house.

Lucky blighter!!!!

Edited by Bob F

hi bob how are you mate who said anythink about coming back blink.gif we have only just got here . we have just got in from a walk along the beach at caster bay and i must say i wished i had taken the boat for a spin today its been flat clam and sunny allday' as we were walking along we saw there was a big boil of water and seagulls everywere' just about 100 meters from us 'ganets were diveing and there were kahawai jumping out the water caseing the smaller fish pilchards i think i can't belive that there is so much action and it so close to the beach and the bloke next to me on the beach said that the snapper will be chasing the smaller kahawai and its still winter here roll on the summer biggrin.gif .

Just wait until the summer and the kingfish chase the kahawai Mark

even off the shore the Kiwi's use about 2-3lb ones for kingy bait.

apparently once the water gets to 19 degrees the big snapper and kingfish get going.

when we were in the bay of islands at Christmas my mate Steve had a 16lb snapper it nearly spooled him about 5 times.

Charlie biggrin.gif