Rips

Gas

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sunday 31st, sees the last of the Ebb tide at 10.30 with the flood running from about 11.30 with fishing speed from 12.00.

Peak speed will be 2.3 knots of tide... perfect for a day's hopping with flood tide right through to half five in the evening.

If I was fishing / skipper, I'd be leaving Poole at a lazy 09.30 or 10.30, depending on the speed of your boat. Arrive at the start of the flood for an early lunch and having a stonking afternoon fishing to come home on the last of the flood tide.

Perfect.

Come on Lads Lads i said Sat/ Sun not B*****y Monday I got to work mad.gif

You're welcome on Small Fry Dan

Your definately older than me laugh.gif Dan was asking to crew on MONDAY and you are going on SUNDAY Wake up old fella tongue.gif

Martin

nearly, would have enjoyed a bit of cod bashing! lol..... enjoy the beer tongue.gif

Nah, im at a wedding sat with free bar, so will hungover sunday, oh, and i have to be in the office at work at 7am laugh.gif

just checked rota and monday is actually no good either for me as i looked at the wrong week (wheres my beer gone) laugh.gif , and im actually off tue and wed. if the forcast is good and someone wants mid week crew for the rips then im about, if not, il be attempting some ray bashing on mine or some early bassing on mine:lol:

Jim

I have been holding back with this because I did not want it to come over wrong, but I must advise caution before you take a small boat that distance.

you will be 20 miles from shelter and the RIPS did not get that name for nothing. Its an area of banks that has a lot of overfalls when the wind is over tide.

We were there on a calm day on Sunday and it was lovely, there was a warrior happily fishing amongst all the boats without any problem.

The other point is fuel, carry plenty. if it roughs up and you can not maintain planning speeds you will need it, you will also do a lot of miles motoring back up to start drifts.

I hope that this came over as intended, friendly advice. Just thought it best to state the obvious in advance

I am sure you will not be alone if you go. wink.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif