Extreme Fishing on 5

TomBettle

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Interesting that channel 5 should mention Robson Green's 'passionate knowledge of angling' as he seems to be particularly ignorant of anything outside flyfishing in the north east. He did not know the term fixed spool reel, he said he'd never come across a multiplier before and certainly wasnt going to learn how to use one. Then when he did get his hands on a fixed spool he demonstrated a bizarre one handed casting technique.

Again we saw fish gasping their last dangling on a gaff with blood pouring out of their gills--great ammo for the antis.

channel 5 has completely misread the potential audience. This man knows little of the outdoors and appears to be a fairly dangerous buffoon. I'm surprised the real anglers around him didnt use him for bait.

Peter

Peter,

I must say that you skills of observation are first class. wink.gif Have you made coment on Mr Green's website yet? I would encourage you so to do dear chap. I think he needs a bit of constructive advice from real anglers.

Well said.

interesting to think in the wider box than fishing.. lobbyists etc...

you have all watched the show (and so have i), whether you enjoy it, hate it, despise it, or just want something to write on the forum, the show is a success... you watch it, so do millions of others, so advertisers pay.

whether you watch it to enjoy or hate.. ch5 will surely continue with this theme / genre as it gets audiances who take in the paid adverts!

Dan

(ps watch on the internet and there are no adverts! tongue.gif )

Well I did watch it last night for the first time, I thought it was on at 8 but it was at 9, was it my memory or has it been moved?

Certainly not one of those programs where you learn anything or are blown away by the presenters skills.

Although he is a self confessed fly angler from the NE, I would have thought someone could have shown him the rudiments of rod and reel angling.

He appeared to have no idea how to cast, how to pump and wind. and only really seemed interested in what could be eaten.

The best part was when the shark moved and he ran off like a ten year old girl.

Would have been more entertaining if someone had given him one of the roll ups on the squid boat and then used him as shark bait.

Charlie

• 3 weeks later...

Bit late admittedly but found on Deepsea website the following, so if anyone wants to write in and complain :-

The production company that made the program are

IWC MEDIA LTD

Nicky Murphy, Isla O'Hara

St. George's Studios

93-97 St. George's Road

Glasgow

G3 6JA

Phone : 0141 353 3222

Email : mailglasgow@iwcmedia.co.uk

Fax : 0141 353 3221

the commisioning editor at five responsible is steve.gowans@five.tv , he needs to know too