Goodbye, Dad

Bob F

As some of you know, my Dad passed away last week, following a bad fall at home.

Here is his Obituary that was printed in the Salibury Journal. His funeral is this Wednesday (not looking forward to it weep.gif ).

See ya, Dad! rolleyes.gif

============================================

Photographer to the Royals

Well known photographer Thomas Lionel Fuller,

post-18-1161537031jpg

Hi Bob

Sorry to hear about your dad. I know the feeling and it isn't at all pleasant but as they say time will help heel or at least soften the blow.

It sounds like he was a bit of a character and enjoyed his time here, savour the memories, they can't be taken away from you.

Veronica's and my thoughts are with you and your family

Martin & Veronica

Hi Bob, we have already spoken at length, and as Martin correctly says, time is a healer. The one thing that none of us can determine, is when we leave, we can only make best use of the time we spend here. It sounds as though your father spent his time wisely, pursuing his loves, and raising his family. My thoughts go to your mother, and of course you and Karen.

Speak soon, Rich

Hi Bob

I too have lost my father but some time ago. He is often in my thoughts and I am sure your father will remain with you forever and you may well find he returns when you least expect it and brings a smile to your face.

My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.

Coddy

Edited by Codfather

Bob,

Very Sad to hear your news

My heartfelt condolences to you and your family for your loss,

I bet there are some stories to tell when you reflect on what must have been a very interesting life.

I know he'll get a good sendoff.

Pete

Bob and Family

Our Thoughts and good wishes are with you at this sad time.

There will be time when small things make Dads passing very painfull and others when the good memories more than compansate for that hurt.

When my mother passed on I found the comments of the kids in their innocence a great comfort. I hope that you also find somthing of comfort to soften the blow.

Very best wishes to you all

Charlie Wendy Sam and Dan

Thank you all for your comments.

I take it all back...you're a great bunch of lads.

We gave Dad a good send off yesterday, especially the speach which included examples of his infamous one-liners, like his suprisingly accurate weather forecast "there's going to be some weather today" or "it will be dark tonight."

Charlie, actually I think the toughest thing for me was telling Rachel and Robert that their Grandad has died. Heartbreaking. It still brings tears to my eyes.

Thanks again to you all for your support and comments. I'm lost for words.

BF