• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Currently we have 3 boats:

Neo, Dawn Raider, Maverick and Blue Warrior

We have 4 crew:

Sheddy, Rich JAW, Sam and Mark B.

I was hoping to see some different boats and names this time? If you want to come and are worried as you dont know anyone dont worry, we are a friendly bunch and will welcome you. Same goes if you havent trailed to Weymouth yet.

Out of 75 club boats, surely we must have more than 4 who want to come?

Hi Adam

I would love to come with Sammy but I am flying back from the USA Friday/Saturday so might well be too knackered.

I am willing to crew if someone needs some, no problems if everyone is full.

Coddy

cool.gif

Dan,

Not sure on the cost of the slipway but it depends if the guy collecting the fees is up early in the morning smile.gif

Do you want to follow me down there ( I will be going via Broadstone as will have to pick up Sam en-route - or may try to get Charlie to drop him off somewhere nearby ? )

Let me know and will arrange to meet you at end of my road - prob something like 6 AM I guess unsure.gif

Dan

How big is your boat? what engine? anything uder 16' is pushing your luck although one member (Domino) does venture around there in a warrior 150 without to much trouble.

When the tide is running the overfalls at Portland can be large even on a calm day.

For safety if your unsure I would suggest you try and get a space crewing on a slightly larger boat

But at the end of the day the decision lies with you

Martin

Dan,

The Shambles are a long way out though.

If you trail to Weymouth you could fish around the rocky ground around portland - we had some good wrasse from there and would be good to know club boats are nearby.

However, I must admit, I wouldn't feel comfortable myself with a smaller boat and with an engine I haven't got 100% confidence in. ( Engine failure on our earlier drifts would have meant drifting straight through the race and being spat out the other side sad.gif ) - We started drifting the other side of the race after that and also started catching.

Rich still has fond memories of the trip to the race unsure.gif , it is hard work steaming / drifting / steaming etc. and then taking a single wave over the side which deposited around an inch of water in the boat in one go.....

But as Martin says - at the end of the day it is your call.