Weymouth Trail-away

Adam F

Well,

After a few week break, due to hectic club schedules - it now seems to have quietend down a little - so its time for another club trail-away.

Weymouth this time, and a choice of dates: Sunday 14th August or 21st

I guess this will be dependant on tides? Can someone check and advise.

The format will be as usual - Meet at the town quay slip at 7.00am. Fishing will be likely for the bass on the race - so we will need to source eels either here in Poole or down in Weymouth.

It would be great to get a few of the newer members, Weymouth guys and the moored boats in Poole around to boost the numbers this time.

Post here if you want in - more info to follow.

Adam

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Adam,

WXTide says ....

The big tides are on Sunday 21st August

At Portland HW is at 9:24 AM BST

LW at 14:10

HW at 21:50

( Give or take an hour as I am not sure the times are quite correct ! )

So I guess the usual 7-7:30 start would mean getting to Shambles at HW slack and fishing the ebb until something like 2PM and then some of the flood.

Sound good ?

Tide Times for Weymouth on the Sunday

Sunday 2005-08-21

Sunrise 6:06 AM GMTST, Sunset 8:17 PM GMTST

Moonset 8:07 AM GMTST, Moonrise 9:15 PM GMTST

Low Tide: 1:32 AM GMTST 0.2

High Tide: 2:28 AM GMTST 0.3

Low Tide: 4:27 AM GMTST -0.1

High Tide: 9:20 AM GMTST 2.3

Low Tide: 1:40 PM GMTST 0.3

High Tide: 3:00 PM GMTST 0.5

Low Tide: 4:47 PM GMTST 0.2

High Tide: 9:25 PM GMTST 2.6

Note : As accurate as I can determine.

Sheddy

You would be more than welcome to join us, you would however need either 1. crew member for your boat or 2. find someone that needs crew.

If it is option 1 then you will need to get all the info you can prior to departing Weymouth. Be aware that the waters around Portland Bill (where we will hopefully be fishing) are pretty unforgiving with serious overfalls. Small boats need a very fair forecast to fish it. In saying that Paul (Neo) manages in his orkney 520

Anything you need to know just post.

Martin

Adam, whack me down as crew. Last comp we fished on the that area, we boated Dab, Plaice, Bass, Pollack, Bream, Weevers!!, Pout, Doggies, Bullies, Gurnard, Ballans, Cuckoos, Rock Cook, Baillions, and Corkwing Wrasse, so all in all it was a good day. I think we had either 18 or 19 species on board.

Mackeral were V small joeys, caught just around the bill, off our patch, everyone bagged their ten in minutes, they would have been first class for bassing. I'm sure BB can arrange for Sandeels if I ask him.

Rich

I Would love to come ,but Ive got the 6th to the 16th off work so the chances of getting the 24th of are slim ,I will find out in the week. Rich you can crew on DR if I manage to wangle it.I will let you know.

James

Depending on the forcast< i may venture down and have a bash. The weather needs to be spot on as my boat is small. I dont know where the slip is so may follow Paul D up(if thats ok paul) as hes only half a mile away from me. Crew will be either Chris or my bro Dom.(depending if theres no pre season football matches that im required for that day)

• 2 weeks later...

Currently we have 3 boats:

Neo, Dawn Raider, Maverick and Blue Warrior

We have 4 crew:

Sheddy, Rich JAW, Sam and Mark B.

I was hoping to see some different boats and names this time? If you want to come and are worried as you dont know anyone dont worry, we are a friendly bunch and will welcome you. Same goes if you havent trailed to Weymouth yet.

Out of 75 club boats, surely we must have more than 4 who want to come?