JoJo and her annual bassing trip

Rob

Well, maybe I get a few more in, but it doesn't feel like it!!!

Alun was taking Adam as JV was in need of a filter housing before heading over the channel. And I was stuck with a car that had failing tow electrics.........so, Friday pm fettle, got them working, there was a loose connection found and sorted!

A mate from work wanted to go on this last minute adventure, but was a last minute letdown, invite rescinded.

Now to get her ready. She hadn't moved since July last year and that was after a tow in! So this was a shake down after a thermostat clean and waterway acid treatment. Namely as we got blown off last year's shark trips to Cornwall.

Today was ideal with Gastronaught as "AA" rescue (AlunAdam). So, met them at the slip, I head off 20 mins later, then back to slip as left mobile on trailer mudguard!!!

Macs were hard to find, but got a few and some for the Club BBQ tonight.

I managed a couple of lovely bass 5:6 and 4:14, hooked up within 10 seconds of each other. Fun on 15-40g spinning rods and floats! One rod between knees and the other in hand, so, one rod in holder and wind when looked slack, but let's focus and get one to the net. Ended up with both, so that was good.

Missed another couple and had one follow my bait to the boat 3 times, but just would.
not take!

Strange fog, mist, sun, cloud mix all morning, but no rain!

All done by 12 and I didn't need AA assistantance, so met them at the slip just after 12, home by one and all was well for a shakedown run before sharking adventures in September.

Apart from...........jockey wheel snapped as I pulled her on to the drive! If that is the worst of it, I'll take it! It was rusted and the walls had gone terribly thin. Better now than in Cornwall!

R

bb4bf2bfe57944753d6e7ec01e2fc6c4.jpg3a0b46589c96fd4e4c00a48160b83603.jpg1513fda66731f63f70a5e5ed7a87640d.jpgbf0df1628d28b15990303bbc90494738.jpg