P.B. FLOUNDER. !

Colin-58

Hi,everyone.      Having attended the club's visit to the R.N.L.I. headquarters on Monday, I ended up having a mini break, worms it seemed were more scarce than hens teeth at that point so the prospect of a fishing spell looked a bit grim, however, the promise of some on Wednesday led me to encourage Frank to set up a couple of flounder set-ups, I got some local "expert" advice as to where to fish, don't want to give any secrets away but I went to the bottom of a big hill near a prickly  foliage bush where there is a lot of nature behind 😂 we duly set up rods for the afternoon, lent on the wall like the norm, a pleasent afternoon around 22 degrees c.   Or gas mark 2,  I think it was sat in the front of the motor home watching the rod tips from there, that seemed a sensible place to be!   Well it soon got even better when the resident cook (the wife ) cooked up a hot meal for us both.  We stuck it out till dark and I don't think any of the other anglers had caught more flounders than us.    Our total was ZERO! 😂.           Now come Thurs mid day I got hearsay of a flounder finding mission in a boat for friday,so I was pleased to take up the challenge. Being picked up at baiter (thanks Mike) off to get the skipper (Allan) and aim for Cobbs.   The next safety briefing I think will start , shut the side door on the van properly Allan!   Luckily the glasses in the coat side  pocket survived the ejection ! 😋  dodging the ice on pontoon off we set,on the obstacle race, apparently you can see the sunken boats at low water! 🤔 well we just crept under broken bridges due to Allan's skill and impeccable timing .  Soon we were drowning worms and the action started, Yes Mike was on the ball with the kettle 😋  the wind was light and we were slow drifting which made it feel very pleasent, fantastic to be out on a boat.  The fish started to turn up, trouble is they looked very silvery, like beautiful bass!  Dreaming of what Sunday lunch could be the reality was the bass were heading back to the harbour floor!   Are well, nothing wrong with a leg of lamb!   After drifting and searching we tied up for the finarlie , with little time left hey presto , my rod twitching to then reveal  THE POOLE HARBOUR FLOUNDER !😂.          At one pound eight oz.   My P.B.👍  with the pending big comp coming up I made sure Allan saw where I put it, but it seems the little rascal went and moved !                                Flounders really getting scarce it seems.                                   Many thanks Allan and Mike for a fantastic day out with you both  aboard Fisheagle . The coffee, the food ,( especially the pork pie and cherry cake😂 ) the weather, what more could you ask for ?                   o.K. More Flounders!      Good health and tight lines all👍.         Colin.

Thanks Martin, I think the best part of the day was Mike and the coffee! And the banter.   Allan may not agree, he might think the best part was getting a flounder on the boat species list !!!!!!! He hasn't seen won for years 😂.       I have let Allan off light in my report by the way.. Let's say he was very successful.   driving the boat that is! 😂

Hi,everyone.      Having attended the club's visit to the R.N.L.I. headquarters on Monday, I ended up having a mini break, worms it seemed were more scarce than hens teeth at that point so the prospect of a fishing spell looked a bit grim, however, the promise of some on Wednesday led me to encourage Frank to set up a couple of flounder set-ups, I got some local "expert" advice as to where to fish, don't want to give any secrets away but I went to the bottom of a big hill near a prickly  foliage bush where there is a lot of nature behind 😂 we duly set up rods for the afternoon, lent on the wall like the norm, a pleasent afternoon around 22 degrees c.   Or gas mark 2, 

IMG-20230130-WA0000.thumb.jpg.7f5763fea93ed3dea0b3680b1de66890.jpg

I think it was sat in the front of the motor home watching the rod tips from there, that seemed a sensible place to be!   Well it soon got even better when the resident cook (the wife ) cooked up a hot meal for us both.  We stuck it out till dark and I don't think any of the other anglers had caught more flounders than us.    Our total was ZERO! 😂.           Now come Thurs mid day I got hearsay of a flounder finding mission in a boat for friday,so I was pleased to take up the challenge. Being picked up at baiter (thanks Mike) off to get the skipper (Allan) and aim for Cobbs.   The next safety briefing I think will start , shut the side door on the van properly Allan!   Luckily the glasses in the coat side  pocket survived the ejection ! 😋  dodging the ice on pontoon off we set,on the obstacle race, apparently you can see the sunken boats at low water! 🤔 well we just crept under broken bridges due to Allan's skill and impeccable timing .  Soon we were drowning worms and the action started, Yes Mike was on the ball with the kettle 😋  the wind was light and we were slow drifting which made it feel very pleasent, fantastic to be out on a boat.  The fish started to turn up, trouble is they looked very silvery, like beautiful bass! 

IMG-20230130-WA0001.thumb.jpg.abe6f3a2a01bc88f3728ab1879047028.jpg

Dreaming of what Sunday lunch could be the reality was the bass were heading back to the harbour floor!   Are well, nothing wrong with a leg of lamb!   After drifting and searching we tied up for the finarlie , with little time left hey presto , my rod twitching to then reveal  THE POOLE HARBOUR FLOUNDER !😂.       

IMG-20230130-WA0002.thumb.jpg.5218d90f60ecd171a9a56d4d4ba91db3.jpg

At one pound eight oz.   My P.B.👍  with the pending big comp coming up I made sure Allan saw where I put it, but it seems the little rascal went and moved !                                Flounders really getting scarce it seems.                                   Many thanks Allan and Mike for a fantastic day out with you both  aboard Fisheagle . The coffee, the food ,( especially the pork pie and cherry cake😂 ) the weather, what more could you ask for ?                   o.K. More Flounders!      Good health and tight lines all👍.         Colin.

Yes, and thanks for you help getting the pictures up Charlie, what a challenge that was, I am sure folk appreciate it, it's always nice to see some pics. That told the story sat in the warm catching nothing!   Better than the other idiots on the path covered with sheer ice risking life and limbs to catch nothing, apart from frostbite on there fingers😂