WOW very quiet.

2006holmwood

I logged on this morning , and for the first time since I joined no one had posted.

Fitted a screen to my console yesterday so am ready to go,

Just need to fit a couple of rod holders,ready for fishing season.

Hope to launch this week and see how boat performs,and run engine in.

Hopefully this will be last boat and everything goes ok.

Need to pick right day as RIB does not have cabin or heater ,but on plus side is cheap to run.

Just need flat sea and sunshine and no wind.

Stay safe.Cheers Mick.

I went fishing on Sunday with Diane for a change!

The forecasts for Sunday were all over the place, the Met office giving it Moderate to Rough!! F3 to F5, some others wind getting up midday before settling again, others little wind all day, which it what it turned out to be. I checked the live reading saying 6 knots and thought I'd give it go on the basis we could always turn back.

Hardly any boats to be seen of any type, except Red Osprey (Red Funnel Southampton to Cowes  Ferry) heading down to the Needles around 16:30 and then out out into the open sea, it's now apparently in Falmouth!!! Any idea why?

There was very little wind and a very small tide but there was a fair old swell 0.8m 12 secs, the fishing was frankly poor, I managed some whiting, only one of a good eating size.

The livebait size ones were put to use but I had no takers for them and they were all returned to grow bigger.

And that gentlemen was about it, Diane spent her time watching TV as reading in the swell was making her queasy.

It's probably my last trip before the boat goes on the hard.

I logged on this morning , and for the first time since I joined no one had posted.
Fitted a screen to my console yesterday so am ready to go,
Just need to fit a couple of rod holders,ready for fishing season.
Hope to launch this week and see how boat performs,and run engine in.
Hopefully this will be last boat and everything goes ok.
Need to pick right day as RIB does not have cabin or heater ,but on plus side is cheap to run.
Just need flat sea and sunshine and no wind.
Stay safe.Cheers Mick.

Hope you put up a report with pics of your boat launch on outlaws Mick!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My boat is currently on the hard so no fishing for me until after the 17th March when its relaunched and the Madness begins.

I have a couple of guys doing the exterior minor gel repairs and polishing also replacing the boot line.  I have removed what was left of the anodes, sanded below the water line (not fun) and primed as nec.   I have cleaned off the shafts and rudders just the props, and P bracket then ready for the anti fouling..

Dean will likely clean the interior of the boat so 1 less job for me.  I'm having a new fly-bridge cover made which will hopefully be done in the next couple of weeks.  Just little jobs then like replacing windscreen wiper blades, sort out spare anchor, clean fenders, sort warps and on and on lol

17 hours ago, Steve S said:

I went fishing on Sunday with Diane for a change!

The forecasts for Sunday were all over the place, the Met office giving it Moderate to Rough!! F3 to F5, some others wind getting up midday before settling again, others little wind all day, which it what it turned out to be. I checked the live reading saying 6 knots and thought I'd give it go on the basis we could always turn back.

Hardly any boats to be seen of any type, except Red Osprey (Red Funnel Southampton to Cowes  Ferry) heading down to the Needles around 16:30 and then out out into the open sea, it's now apparently in Falmouth!!! Any idea why?

There was very little wind and a very small tide but there was a fair old swell 0.8m 12 secs, the fishing was frankly poor, I managed some whiting, only one of a good eating size.

The livebait size ones were put to use but I had no takers for them and they were all returned to grow bigger.

And that gentlemen was about it, Diane spent her time watching TV as reading in the swell was making her queasy.

It's probably my last trip before the boat goes on the hard.

New skipper,got lost?😁

Its not hard to spend a few minutes putting up a post no matter what’s happening,or what’s not , why bother having a forum if you don’t use it.

I understand the terrible situation many are in, many simply don’t use the internet and have other interests or just can’t be bothered , 

We do have many members that live many miles away, they can’t even get down here to see the sea 🤔 so keep those posts going no matter what the content.

We all need hope, something to keep the juices flowing.