New forum playroom

Maverick Martin

I have started this thread to be used as an area where you can test and use/learn the new forums features.

Click, post, like, edit upload photos/files whatever you like.

A virtual pint awaits the person that comes up with the best new feature

20160723_211137.jpg

:glasses: :)

Edited by Maverick
playing

If it's OK with you Martin I'll post updates/features added in here so people can see what's new, what's changing and so I can keep a log of it. Let me know if you'd prefer a dedicated thread.

14/12: Catch reporting is working - added "Report A Catch" link to the menu bar at the top of the page for easy access. Visible to all except guests on every page.
14/12: Catch report viewing is working but not specimen size calculation yet http://www.pbsbac.co.uk/forums/topic/5768-view-reports-here/
14/12: View Catch Reports link also added to main menu bar at the top of the page for easy access. Visible to all except guests on every page.

14/12: Added a View New Content button in the menu bar, visible on every page. This will display anything that you have not viewed/read in the forum.

14/12: Added a load of fishy emoticons. Accessible by clicking the smiley face icon when you post. :smileys-fish-069509:  :smileys-fish-465204:   :smileys-fish-430558:
15/12: This Month's Catches added to bottom of Home Page, yet to be made to look pretty. Now matches rest of home page
15/12: Upgraded Club Members' mailboxes to hold 1000 messages.

15/12: 10 topic feed + paid ads added to right hand side of pages

15/12: TAPATALK installed and tested

18/12: Front page images now use most recent 20 images from whole of website, not just front page gallery.
18/12: Catch Viewer and Club Records now use dd/mm/yyyy date format. Both now have separate links from the Club only forum section to allow the tables to be formatted so that they and the font matches the rest of the site.
22/12: Front page news articale updated
22/12: Automatic species hunt system live, links added to forum and website menu.

3 hours ago, Oli said:

If it's OK with you Martin I'll post updates/features added in here so people can see what's new, what's changing and so I can keep a log of it. Let me know if you'd prefer a dedicated thread.

No problem with using this thread Oli it will keep all the new stuff together where members will find it easy(ier in Micks case ;)) to find

hi oli,

enjoying the new layout of the site, only question is the catch report viewer going to be on the homepage ?, I quite like the fact of logging in on a Monday and seeing all the recent catches from the weekend all in one place.

sam

1 hour ago, Sam said:

hi oli,

enjoying the new layout of the site, only question is the catch report viewer going to be on the homepage ?, I quite like the fact of logging in on a Monday and seeing all the recent catches from the weekend all in one place.

sam

Your wish is my command! Managed to get a rough version working - will work further on prettifying it!

19 hours ago, Maverick said:

Another feature I have just found is should you wish to quote something someone has said just highlight the relevant text, wait a second then "quote this" appears, click on that and it is inserted into a fresh post ready for you to comment on, brilliant

1 hour ago, Coddy said:

I have noticed that your private message inbox has a limit of 200 messages so some people may need to have a clear out of old messages from time to time

Good spot. I've upgraded that to 1000 messages for Club Members.

Can anyone remember if we used to have ads on these forum message pages? On each message page I could put a feed of other recent posts (say 10) so that people can just click the next new topic without having to go back to the forum directory if we think that's a good idea?

Thanks Martin, have added ad and topic feed to the RHS of the page.

One thing which would be nice is if we could get an updated news item and photo for the front page if there's a willing volunteer out there...