A day to forget for me!!!

jerry.shutter

As old as I am, you would think meeting some good Dorset folk in the pub the night before going fishing,

I would know not to over indulge. WRONG.

I was taking out a friend/landlord from the shoot and Neal had offfered his ghillling services. Blowing till 10 then levelling out was the forecast, this was broadly correct, however my brain and body decided it was not!!!!!

7.30 bridge too early so dropped aerials and other bits and easily cleared the twin sails bridge. Horrible dirty sea through the Swash and past Old Harry to Peveril but the ghillie got it right and Mackerel were found and after an hour we headed out to 50/50 to drift for a Tope. After no time a fish hit a bait but was missed, then a Tope around 20lbs was boated much to the friends delight. I missed another 3 hits using circles, mmmmmm something wrong, then another smaller Tope. It was still pretty unpleasant so after much amusement to the crew the skipper decided we should get out the mucky stuff!!

Thanks Neal you were fairly understanding😩😩😩😩😩

With a herring and scad to add to the species list we looked for a Ray but caught every LSD in the bay😂😂😂.

Back for the bridge which didn't lift so juggled the aerials again.

Fun day but never been bad on my own boat before!!!

It's all a big learning curve😂😂😂

Jerry, we would not be the characters we are if we did not make mistakes, your very much forgiven. :lol:  The man who did not make a mistake, did not make anything.

We all still love you, dont be hard on yourself. :D It will be a while before you allow it to happen again, but you will your human.