Flat Fish competition this weekend.

Mal Thomas

Went offshore to 140 plus feet hoping for a turbot or brill. Reasonable no. of fish, but no target species. Moved onto Sadler for a few hours. Waste of time. Nothing to report. One of my crew now not only needs an anchor management course but also an anger management course. Could the Club organise one?

Allan.

Well done Mal a great fish to win the comp (never mind about the method!)

I make that just 4 people reporting fish caught from 12 boats and at least 24 anglers entered, that's a very very thin return.

Any suggestions why? fish not biting, no fish there to be caught, entered the comp but a flattie would be a fluke in the area fished.

The method was a rumour started by bad boy Nigel, I was using a bluey wrapped around some squid, not your typical tope bait. I was hoping for a large Blonde ray to be honest. Nigel will be laughing up his sleeve at me defending my so called tope fishing fluke.

However we did find cuttle was the turbots main diet which was surprising. :lol: