Bency

Hi!

Just thought I'd introduce myself!

Recently went halves with a mate and got our first boat. Have made a few trips out fishing so far with varying degrees of success. Completely new to sea fishing apart from a hand lining for mackerel from a kayak every now and again. Already being sucked into the world of rigs and techniques and keen to learn more, especially from people with local knowledge! 

Try to get out most weekends and some week nights. Look forward to meeting you lot at a monthly meeting or event!

All the best!

Ben

Hi Ben

Welcome to the club, I've just asked Martin to upgrade you to Club Member, you'll then be able to see the Members Only Area.

I've got your membership form, but some information is missing.

Please let me have:

Boat Name

Boat Make

Boat Model

Boat length

Phone number

Regards

Brian

Regards

Brian

Ben just jump in with both feet you won't find a more friendly bunch of angling addicts

When on the water if you want to speak with fellow members call up on channel 6 "any Poole bay small boats" etc

The best way to meet members is at the monthly meeting which is the first Thursday of every month with the best way to learn all the boating and fishing skills being go out with a few other members just keep an eye on the boat buddies section of the forum and jump at the chance of crewing

Welcome Ben we have lots to offer as a club, including reduced rates on training for seamanship. Let me know if you need to obtain a Vhf license to use your on board Vhf radio.

We can also help with boat handling skills if required and many other elements of being safe at sea.

Please look at our forum for more info or send me a message.

Just ask us we are a friendly bunch and will help you to enjoy your sea fishing and boating.

Mal Thomas safety officer.

Perfect, thanks everyone! 

Thanks Mal, I'm definitely interested in getting more training in. Currently have Powerboat level 2, and would like to get a radio qualification and better handling skills. I'll shoot you a message soon to get details!

Cheers

Ben

Welcome Ben we have lots to offer as a club, including reduced rates on training for seamanship. Let me know if you need to obtain a Vhf license to use your on board Vhf radio.

We can also help with boat handling skills if required and many other elements of being safe at sea.

Please look at our forum for more info or send me a message.

Just ask us we are a friendly bunch and will help you to enjoy your sea fishing and boating.

Mal Thomas safety officer.

Ben just jump in with both feet you won't find a more friendly bunch of angling addicts

When on the water if you want to speak with fellow members call up on channel 6 "any Poole bay small boats" etc

The best way to meet members is at the monthly meeting which is the first Thursday of every month with the best way to learn all the boating and fishing skills being go out with a few other members just keep an eye on the boat buddies section of the forum and jump at the chance of crewing

Thanks for the info Maverick!