Fishing?

Maverick Martin

I'm Going to try Holes Bay and if necessary the Harbour tomorrow  for a Flounder or whatever else throws itself onto my hook .

Last attempt to increase my 2015 species tally from a miserable 2

Any bets on me catching  47 species in the harbour on the same day to top the leader board..........Good Odds with Betfred

Don't like the way the wind strength is increasing though :(

Well that didn't go well :angry:

Don't suppose an AA breakdown van can be classed as a new species?

Was on my way down the A31 to Cobbs  when I noticed the car exhibited a bit of a wheel wobble

Drove a few more miles eager to get to the boat when decided I better check assuming a balance weight had fallen off.

Pulled into the Esso Petrol Station and found front drivers side wheel and Hub VERY HOT and smelly! 

Quick call to AA services and 40mins later nice man turned up and stripped, cleaned and lubricated disk brake No fault found although intermittent calliper sticking was surmised.

Eventually got boat off drystack and gave it a good seeing to as hadn't been out in months and months .In fact it has been sooooooo long that the fuel had evaporated from the running fuel tank....Note to self ...............  close vent on tank between trips :(

So spent some  more time refuelling a couple of tanks and eventually ready to venture out into Holes Bay

Note to self .........Advertise for crew next time ....have you ever tried  picking up a mooring buoy single handed when you're inside the  cabin trying to steer the b$$$$y thing in a cross wind   :wacko:.

Gave up and spent an hour or so  playing at fishing next to the twin sails bridge ...needless to say nothing to report  so as it was getting a bit chilly and breezy and the light was going  called it a day and returned to the  drystack pontoon where I remembered to close the petrol tank air vent valve before waving goodbye to the boat for another god knows how long.

The old boat never fails to surprise me ..after all those months of inactivity batteries were good and she started first time on the key and ran as smooth as silk :)

The day ended on a happy note ...Car got me home the 45miles without a reoccurrence of the sticking brake issue and Missus  served me up Turkey Soup...Result :D

Peteg