Old style Bluechart - Garmin

Adam F

looks like Steve's managed to find it more easily than the first post suggested!

personally I don't worry about the age of these things much because I don't take anything they say about non-fixed objects too seriously - and the fixed stuff rarely moves! (sand and gravel banks aren't fixed in my world either).

Next question is how to get the USR file data I have from my lowrance unit to the old garmin?

Not sure it's possible?

the real problem lies in the propitiatory nature of the hardware ie G-Chart cards themselves, and subsequently micro G-Charts.  without a physical way to interface with the card there's no real point in pursuing the even bigger problems associated with the actual file/data formats!

that's the long answer - short answer is to print out your Lowrance data and type in the important ones (or just print it nice and large and type in as and when required!)

EDIT  on re-reading this in the context of the thread I wonder if I have gone back 1 version too far with the charting!  I have a load of G-charts, but these were prior to the Bluecharts, and the latter may have a capability to both interface and import data records.  The G-Charts were Garmins version of the Navionics charting - the Bluecharts were their own charting with a different base.

OK - so despite Steve's very generous donation - I'm still stuck.

Steve's card was a downloaded unit - which is effectively a one time use affair - done to prevent people downloading dozens of copies, it was uploaded with a code that locks it to Steve's unit and that one only.

The only way I can fix this, given the age of the unit is to find a factory downloaded chart card - these work on any units.

Duncan - any of yours fit this bill? I think these ones will have a Garmin sticker on them with the card area?