Sunday Surprise

Ianh87

With a forecast looking as good as it did on Sunday, it would have been rude not to get out and fish!! Especially in October, flat calm with the sun out, could have been summer!!

post-1659-0-42517700-1381314114_thumb.jpg

Plan was to head to the piers and drift around, armed with worm and prawn.  Spent around two and a half to three hours in various places. Managed to sneak out 2 gurnard, 1 lone mackie (taking a bare hook with 3 lumi beads on the way up) and a couple of plaice (one sizable). 

post-1659-0-50217900-1381314136_thumb.jpg

We decided, after a few long drifts without bites, to make our way back to the Harbour to drift near the Castle, a bit more action at this area, plenty of good sized wrasse, I ended up picking out a pollack at about 3-4lb and this little surprise on the penultimate drift for Dad!

post-1659-0-26528500-1381314149_thumb.jpg

Heard they were being caught but didn't expect one to show up! All in all, a really enjoyable day afloat in great conditions.

Well it was a good forecast and how right they we're. Well the grandson kept on about bass fishing after the bass comp to try for a bigger one. Came down Saturday evening and stayed on boat,in the morning it was so still there was mist coming off the water with a real nip in the air.

Off we go to find bait quick stop at are secret mark bingo scad and pout , away east we go second drift reel screamed off Fish on not to me that damn Jacobs rod after a good fight bass 5 lb 9 oz in the net lucky boy.

Few drifts later my turn fish on turns out 3 lb 8oz nice fish after blanking in the bass comp it was a great fish. Then Jacob had another at 3 lb and I drop one.

So it was a great day to be out in shorts and shirt off, a drift by the piers with a few boats proved fruitless never mind we had a great day out

Jacob and kev

Ps now he wants to do the ray comp

Yes sunday was a lovely day , forecast was good so I too decided to go out from Weymouth. Did my bit for the fish stocks by blanking but my main goal on the day was to work out a system of launching and retrieving on my own at the sailing academy in Portland and without getting my feet wet. HAPPY DAYS.  

• 2 weeks later...