New boat

Martin.C

Mike toms and I have jointly invested in a quicksilver 640...2009 model...

We bought it from a guy in Chelmsford from where I towed it home today..

The boat has no engine as the poor guy had it stolen buy the usual scumbags !!

They just cut through everything so mechanic mike has got that lot to sort out !!

We have sorced a Honda 90 2006 engine which should arrive next week ....

I shall be playing a important roll on the mechanical front ..makin tea and passing spanners etc ...

Looking forward to getting it on the water :-)

post-1481-0-98936200-1381000945_thumb.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Can I make a suggestion, please get some DNA coded security marking for your engine and electronics as the "tea leaves" are always looking for something to pinch.

I think Charlie has a few packs spare.

It may not stop them but at least the Police can identify them as yours if the get hold of any interesting bits and makes a prosecution easier. You also stand a better chance of getting goods back as well.

Good to hear the boat is comming together.

Dave

Can I make a suggestion, please get some DNA coded security marking for your engine and electronics as the "tea leaves" are always looking for something to pinch.

It may not stop them but at least the Police can identify them as yours if the get hold of any interesting bits and makes a prosecution easier. You also stand a better chance of getting goods back as well.

Dave

Yep,  Mine is DNA marked.

If they'd have got away with it, we'd have evidence to lock them up !

It's now been Stamped in many places so grinding that lot off will keep them busy.

Dave

Dave,

Do you have experience of any particular brand for the DNA coded security kits? Just been looking online at it and found this one:

http://www.selectadna.co.uk/forensic-coding-domestic-kits/dnamarine25.html

For £37 it looks like it could be worth investing in if it saves £000's.

The one I have which was suggested by the Police (Marine Section) who came along to one of club meetings, suggested Selecta DNA

Charlie Chapman, our ex- club sec, managed to secure a good deal from the company and we purchased a batch well below normal retail price.

Suggest you PM Charlie to see if he has any left.

It was suggested by the Police to put your marks in no-obvious places as well as keeping photo's of your items especially if they have any marks or scratches which would act as a double ID opportunity.

They tried this stuf out on the prop nut of a outboard and 6 moths later it was still visable, it was not suggested that this was a good place but they wanted to see how well it stood up to water, vibration etc.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

Yes I still have a few sets of Selecta DNA at work, £18.00 per set

Give me a call at work 01202 738824 if you are interested

Charlie,

Wasn't able to pop in until Saturday just gone. Picked up a set from the marina office, and will use the kit in a couple of weekends time. Looks to be a good peice of kit and could well save a lot of money if needed in the future.

Thanks,

Ian.