Flatfish and Ray Comp - This Sunday

Neal

Neal - Court Jester plus crew TBA

MegaBytre - Brian, Mark, + junior members Thomas and Tamzin (weather permitting)

Alfresco - Charlie, Dan, Will and Ben

Kind of Magic-Allan and Coddy (weather permitting

Serenity - Tony & Martin

Sea Sparkle Derek Diane

Edited by Brian, for Derek (My IT Challenged friend!!!!!)

Edited by derek

Neal - Court Jester plus crew TBA

MegaBytre - Brian, Mark, + junior members Thomas and Tamzin (weather permitting)

Alfresco - Charlie, Dan, Will and Ben

Kind of Magic-Allan and Coddy (weather permitting

Serenity - Tony & Martin

Sea Sparkle Derek Diane

Yelo Kevin Jacob junior member Weather permitting

Edited by me to clean up smile.gif

Edited by Maverick

A quiet day on Serenity

Martin managed a quick Dab of about 1 oz. From the RoRo terminal

We went offshore for a couple of dogfish but nothing else so went inshore

Fishing was slow uniti I found two plaice in the swash channel

The biggest one went to 1 lb 8oz

Tony

Neal kindly invited me out with him on Court Jester.

We tried various spots in ther harbour and I was fortunate to find a small plaice of 9.5 oz. Drifts near the swash gave us no target species but a nice tub of 2lb to yours truly.

Neal took us out to some offshore banks where we hoped for rays. Sport was slow but we found a mix of fish, sadly no large target species. Neal hooked into something which he was unable to declare, but it looked like a guitar fish when it surfaced - a double shot - small blonde ray and small turbot. The turbot went 2.5lbs.

Later Neal reeled in an undulate of 4.5lbs and I managed a blonde of 3.5lbs.

That was it for target fish but I was fortunate to find three black bream - biggest went just over 3lbs and a red gurnard of a pound.

Another enjoyable day afloat.

After a fairly late start, we left Cobbs to try for a flounder on one of my "banker" marks. The water level in the top of the harbour was well above what I expected, too much fresh water and a neap tide resulted in a blank.

After an hour we headed almost south out of the Harbour to find Alfresco right where we had wanted to fish. After about 5 minutes of checking the bottom we anchored a few hundred yards away on a promising bank. We were soon into a wide variety of fish including some good size mackerel, the largest to Dave at 1lb 2oz, a good number of red gurnard around a pound to both of us and on tub to Dave. The inevitable dog fish were also caught in numbers with the largest just over 2lbs. As far as Rays were concerned Dave had a mini undulate of 12oz and I had a nice small eyed of 6lb. 2oz and what we suspect was a small blonde of 2lb but I am open to suggestions as to what it was (large number of spots, spot colour), Dave may put up a few more pictures.

user posted image

user posted image

Allan

user posted image

Edited by Maverick

A couple of PBSAC members came out for some ray fishing on Sunday...but I didn't enter the comp..............But a non member, fishing on Manta Ray sneeked a fairly good fish ...........28 lb plus Blonde..... (The scales were jumping between 27 and 30 lb...)

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Tomo

user posted image[/img]

Edited by Tomo

Nice to be back afloat again. Even with my cold hanging on.

Dan and the crew made the trip possible for me, by sharing out the worst jobs and leaving me in the cabin making Tea

laugh.gif

an early start saw us motoring through the flat calm harbour at cruising speed [dont you love it when they take off the speed limits] But outside was a bit lumpy so we stayed close.

First mark and we anchored alongside another boat. It did not take long and Ben was in biggrin.gif , a nice Blonde [Well over 15lb] hit the net. Good start biggrin.gif

While I was getting the scales Ben put her back. dry.gifblink.gif

Not sure of that tactic, but hey they had plenty of bigger ones last week in the same spot.

We fished on through the kennel Club, but as the tide died so did the fishing.

Other species were about [Macs, garfish small tope Bass] but not rays.

At lunchtime we moved further East before enjoying one of Wills lasagne's and more tea.

The rod tips were staying busy, more species [We had a really big garfish and some good size mackerel]and a few small rays arrived.

All female Blondes, we had six in total but the Best weighed was just 6lb 10oz to Dan.

At the 7 hr mark we called it a day due to my cold and set off home,

Not a long session by our standards but a good day to be afloat.

I hope that someone is holding back on reporting a really good fish, or Ben is really going to be kicking himself.

Charlie

Charlie

A couple of PBSAC members came out for some ray fishing on Sunday...but I didn't enter the comp..............But a non member, fishing on Manta Ray sneeked a fairly good fish ...........28 lb plus Blonde..... (The scales were jumping between 27 and 30 lb...)

biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Tomo

user posted image[/img]

Nice one Alan

Cracking fish for your mate. Need that one on the 21st biggrin.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif