Looking for Bass on Sat

great white

One the bigger tides this weekend , I thought that I may have a look for some Bass.

Not something we do a lot of so maybe its time that we tried a little harder.

Any advice prior to the trip would be greatly appreciated.

Ben is joining me but the boys are not available.

That means I have room for two if anyone fancy's a go. You know the drill, get in touch.

It will not be a really long day as I need to be home by 1730

Charlie biggrin.gif

I would start with livies on floats on a ledge near to home!

Even pop round to st albans, if the well is not to large - perhaps portland rig and give the SW banks a go on the way round.

Let us know how you get on!? wink.gif

You've all got me questioning myself now because I just know I'm going to go 30 miles and have a hard time in the tides on the wrecks and then hear stories of triple hookups of double figure bass!

Decisions decisions. If we hadn't had such trouble finding bass last time it would be an easy one...

Oli i never find it easy to find the bass as it is a waiting game and I get bored but with the hours come the rewards and they can come in a very small window......or not.When we have the likes of Rob(theforceisstrong) tongue.gif and AJ etc they make it sound easy

Nige

Haha I've heard that Rob doesn't even need to leave his house these days - the bass come to him wink.gif - certainly saves on fuel!

Only one thing for it then, the well guarded mid channel bass banks to give me both options. Don't suppose anyone knows exactly where these might be and is willing help a friend in (desperate!) need pleeeease?

ph34r.gif

Charlie if you're over banks I favour a Portland rig with about an 8 foot trace to a pearl or blue sidewinder or live joey. If you decide to head to the south IOW banks give me a shout.

Cheers

Oli

IOW banks a good choice as you can go with the tide then return with a push too!

Rob

May have to anchor at slack to look for big Rays wink.gifwink.gif

Charlie biggrin.gif

Now you're talking Charlie!!!!! Maybe drop those spaghetti Daiwa rods and use something proper!! tongue.gif