Open Postponed for 2 weeks

Rob

Rob

Good call,

this is the right decision

A difficult one to make to make but it is essential to ensure the safety for all competitiors, regardless of the boat size.

Unfortunately I will be in Greece for the next date so you will need some one to sign in at Poole and to do the presentations

best wishes

Tony

IMHO The right call made for all the right reasons and left as long as possible to be sure that the forecasts were as accurate as we could get.

It has to be safety first for all boats and crews entering.

Hopefully as many as possible can make the reserve date and we will get a much better weather window

As Paul says it is our intention to stick to the 50% specimen size.

But I would like to give a big thanks to Rob and Charlie for all the hard work and late changes to the admin in a huge attempt to keep the competition on track for tomorrow.

It is a massive task organising the Open,and a hard decision to postpone, biggrin.gif lets all try to support them in two weeks time with a great turn out.

Charlie biggrin.gif

Having run back from Weymouth this morning, even with wind and tide together I wouldn't have wanted to anchor West of Swanage and when the tide changed it was only going to get a lot worse.

Bluntly, the larger boats would have had a very unfair advantage tomorrow - before the other issues get considered.

Looks a balanced decision to me.

Rob,

You ( and Charlie A ) have done a cracking job organising this again.

You explained things clearly and confidently at Thursday's meeting.

Most of us can only guess how much hard work you both have to put in to this sort of thing.

Thank you very much and very Well Done !

Jim. ( with the leaky glass )

PS I can't do the 18th.

It's our Boat Show day. We have already paid for our tickets and it's the only day we can go.

Sorry ! ! ! !

well for everyone who cant do the new date there may be others who can, got the boat back last weekend. a couple of trips this week so confidence coming back, i will never bank on getting there at any date but if the weather window opens up i would not be surprised to see the Mrs Sea tied up in poole in 2 weeks. fresh cod for tea tonight so maybe the end of the year will be ok

greg

Well done Rob the right decision made. I know we can take Boblin out in almost any sea which is an unfair advantage in an open comp. There is always someone who might push just a little bit too hard in bad conditions. Safety first every time.

Colin

Rob,

You ( and Charlie A ) have done a cracking job organising this again.

You explained things clearly and confidently at Thursday's meeting.

Most of us can only guess how much hard work you both have to put in to this sort of thing.

Thank you very much and very Well Done !

Well done guys, i know first hand how frustrating a cancellation can be

The work you guys have put in has made this event a very high quality one and it keeps getting better each year

PJ

No "Cancellation" Paul, I likr the word "Postponed"!!!!

Thanks all for the support.

Charlie A and I headed down to Cobbs this morning anyway for 06:30 to intercept and manage any confusion should participants arrive having not found out about the 2 week delay.

The good news was that word had spread or they had looked at teh weather, as no-one truned up by 08:00, so we went and amended the poster on the Quay and spoke to Andy at PSAC (whilst CA edited the dates on loads of handouts!!).

Cheers

Rob

No "Cancellation" Paul, I likr the word "Postponed"!!!!

Thanks all for the support.

Charlie A and I headed down to Cobbs this morning anyway for 06:30 to intercept and manage any confusion should participants arrive having not found out about the 2 week delay.

The good news was that word had spread or they had looked at teh weather, as no-one truned up by 08:00, so we went and amended the poster on the Quay and spoke to Andy at PSAC (whilst CA edited the dates on loads of handouts!!).

Cheers

Rob

Good effort Rob.

I bet being there in the morning before the wind started had you wondering.

I have left a message on your mobile to let you know at least one charter boat crew will be booking in on 18th, love your voicemail message today about the postponement.

Charlie biggrin.gif