Southbourne Rough

Zzippy

Finished work at 2am Saturday morning and in bed by 2.30am only to be woken by my alarm at 5.30am ohmy.gif

Got my food together and set off for the long Journey(All 5 miles of it) to Southbourne beach.

Met Mark (Coombsyeone) at about 7am and made our way to the beach.

Looks like the Bass and Mackerel had been busy,there were loads of small fish washed up on the beach.Chased in by the predators.

user posted image

user posted image

At Southbourne beach there is usually a fair bit of surf even on the calmest of days,but yesterday was different.It was like being in the Med.Calm seas and sunshine.

user posted image

user posted image

We had a nice slow paddle to Southbourne rough about 3 miles out Trolling out feathers behind us.

Managed a few Mackerel on the way out,which were used as bait.

There wasn't too much boat traffic that far out.Just the odd potting boat which thought they were mobile disco units >:(.We could here the music from their radios way before we could see them.

We managed to catch Mackerel,Bream,Dogfish,Gurnard, and mark also had a small Starry smooth hound.

Caught the bream on Hokai's baited with the small fish we found on the beach.

A few pics of the area.

Theres land there somewhere

user posted image

Mark with the Isle of Wight in the background

user posted image

Bringing in another Doggy

user posted image

Looking back towards Southbourne beach

user posted image

Bournemouth beach

user posted image

Headed back in at about 1pm where we met Steve,(Mullet Man).Mark had to go back and do some D I Y But myself and Steve decided to try for another hour.Headed over to the Double Dyke's section and fished round the pipe outlet.Loads of small bream and More Mackerel.There were big shoals of Mackerel not too far off the beach.

Headed back in at about 3pm.Whilst we were paddling in I said to Steve...."I bet Rich(luckyRich) will be on the beach with his camera"

As we got in close to shore I could see someone waving...Yes it was Rich wink.gif ;D ;D ;D ;D.It was good to see you again mate.

Excellent day out and with good company and decent weather for once.

Roll on next weekend biggrin.gif

Nice one Mark, glad to see you are getting out, would have joined you but for the Ladrum meet.

I would have liked to have gone to that meet.But was working till 2am Saturday Morning and back on days today sad.gif

You had great weather for the meet.

I passed you at about 6pm this evening you were just coming back from the meet and going round Hurn Bridge Roundabout just past the airport

Nice one Mark, glad to see you are getting out, would have joined you but for the Ladrum meet.

I would have liked to have gone to that meet.But was working till 2am Saturday Morning and back on days today sad.gif

I passed you at about 6pm this evening you were just coming back from the meet and going round Hurn Bridge Roundabout just past the airport

Yes I saw you mate but wasn't sure, are you about during the week? I'm thinking of having an early bash at the Squid, Wed,Thur, possibly Fri night? (depends on Saturdays venue)

Yes I saw you mate but wasn't sure, are you about during the week? I'm thinking of having an early bash at the Squid, Wed,Thur, possibly Fri night? (depends on Saturdays venue)

Thursday I am going to the pbsbac monthly meeting.I can make Friday night or even Sat, sun biggrin.gif

Thursday I am going to the pbsbac monthly meeting.I can make Friday night or even Sat, sun biggrin.gif

is it Thursday? in that case I'll see you there biggrin.gif and we can discuss further.

Well um - if not the full setup - then not sure, that's why I asked.

Be interested how you buoy your warp ready for release, how you attach rods to the Yak in-case of a roll!

Not sure really as I have only ever given you guys a wide berth due to the wash. I guess we could do a flypast next time but not soure you woudl be too happy!!! smile.gif

Rob

Well, if you have room possibly the simplest thing would be to stick the Yak on the car and bring the lot. If it's not convenient then it can stay on the car. Not particularly into presentations etc. question and answer fine, I'm sure Mark will be up for that as well, we're a friendly bunch on AnglersAfloat.

Grateful for being given a wide berth and probably the safest option if you are at speed, otherwise don't hesitate to come over and say hello.

stick the Yak on the car

Thinking about it - i am not sure there would be room to take it up the stairs as they are quite tight!

Shame you missed the summer BBQ that would have been a good opportunity.

This is getting more complicated by the hour!!!

Rob

• 2 weeks later...