Flatfish / Ray Comp - 14th Oct

Adam F

The Flatfish / Ray comp has been re-scheduled for the 14th Oct - this is the next weekend where the tides will be small enough to target the offshore marks (weather dependant!)

Same format as before - please post up here to give us an idea if you are fishing and remember you must book in with either Paul Dore, Mike Fox or myself prior to fishing the comp.

Adam

The Flatfish / Ray comp has been re-scheduled for the 14th Oct - this is the next weekend where the tides will be small enough to target the offshore marks (weather dependant!)

Adam

Have you got your 2008 almanac out early Adam?

Dover Tides

7/10 ----- 5.78...1.50 range 4.28

14/10----- 6.41...1.24 ----- 5.17

21/10----- 5.24...2.29 ----- 2.95

???

Edited by duncan

• 2 weeks later...

booking in

Just to confirm that, barring unforseen extreme circumstances, Dave and I will be fishing the rescheduled Flatfish and Ray comp on Sunday 14th Oct from Phaeton.

The exact 7 hour period we eventually fish will be dictated by the wind ( unsure.gif v light breeze honest guv) direction - but will of course be between 0600h (yea right - no chance if England beat France............. sad.gif ) and 1800h with the last 7 hours over the ebb and an Easterly looking favorite right now........not least because it will give me a few inches of water under the props on the way out in the morning!

Any lucky catches will be reported soonest as usual

Good luck all - looking like loads of options from the recent reports

Edited by duncan

Unfortunately, I am going to be unable to fish the competition on Sunday and not sure yet if I will be available on my mobile to collect the results. ( I will try to ensure that someone is at home if you wish to call my home number with catch reports )

Alternatively, if you could PM your catches to me then I will arrange for the results to be collated as soon as I can.

cheers Paul

Names confirmed so far:

Gordon Holt on Fugazi (crew?)

Martin Burt and Alun Jones on AWOL

Duncan and Dave on Phaeton

Mark Winfield and Zed (Paul) on Chancer

Rob Francis and Paul Rowcliffe on Jo-Jo

Coddy (Dave Samuel) and Ferret (Bill Smith) on Sammy

Carol, George and I will fish on Frisky Fox

Any updates on the above?

Hints but no confirmations yet for:

- Adam Franklin on Out Of The Blue?

- Paul Frey on Imagine?

- Any others?

Mike

PS Let's hope the Safety Officer remains happy when he checks the weather this evening!

Right - here is the forecast:

Selsey Bill to Lyme Regis

Inshore waters forecast

24 hour forecast: 1200 Fri 12 Oct 1200 Sat 13 Oct

Wind Variable becoming southeast 2 or 3, occasionally 4 later.

Sea state Slight.

Weather Fog patches and occasional drizzle later.

Visibility Moderate or good, occasionally poor or very poor.

Outlook: 0600 Sat 13 Oct 0600 Sun 14 Oct

Wind Variable 3 or less becoming southeast 3 or 4.

Sea state Slight.

Weather Mainly fair.

Visibility Moderate or good.

Checking the Atlantic Chart, there's a weak occluded, slow moving front right over us on Sunday, and slack isobars, suggesting grey/overcast/drizzly at times with high humidity, with possible early morning fog.

Nothing dangerous - but SE4 does kick it up a bit off Poole, and it might be uncomfortable any distance out.

The comp is ON, and as this hasn't changed much for the last couple of days, I do not anticipate changing this tomorrow. As usual, it's up to each skipper to decide on the day!

Good luck all!

Mike

Safety Officer