Species Hunt - 1st July **revised Date**

Adam F

News: Adam and I independently came to the same conclusion, slightly earlier than we had expected - the competition on Sunday is OFF, and will be deferred. Adam will post the revised date shortly.

The prevailing Inshore Forecast is here:

http://www.metoffice.gov.uk/weather/marine...area=7&type=All

Look at how close the isobars are on the synoptic charts that cover the inshore forecast period:

http://www.meteonet.nl/aktueel/brackall.htm

Then scroll through to see the synoptic charts for the rest of Sunday. Isobars equally tightly spaced, more fronts, etc.

At the time of posting, Sunday info is not yet available from our Met Office, but I would anticipate SW-S 5 or 6, blustery showers, with gusts of 25-30 knots. That occluded front with the Low right over us could also mean Moderate to Poor visibility as well.

Please note that it is the competition that is off. If you wish to continue fishing in your own boats, this remains the judgement call of each skipper, as ever.

Mike

Safety Officer

Edited by Mike Fox

Following through to the last barometric chart although there is a low mid Atlantic to the SW of us, there is the beginings of a ridge of high pressure building up between the Bay of Biscay and the sw approaches of the UK. This if it continues to develop could mean a few days of good weather in about a weeks time.

Mad Mike

weep.gif Sorry to hear your comp is off again, weather here in sunny Portugal cool.gif is wonderful!!!!!!!! but very little fishing has taken place yet!!! better safe than sorry though for you guys. i'm sure it will come right soon, weep.gif

keep your tackle up together!!!

Kim

I will have to get out on Sunday!!

I can't go 4 weeks without a fresh fish in my pan!

Cockles this evening do not count!

I have worms .......... I will go somewhere! [ though it looks like I could be tucked inshore by Mudeford beachhuts!].

Alun.

Well they forecast gales...... but it hasn't got above 8 mph here; plenty of rain though, about on forecast.

I hope it does the same tomorrow!! Not being made of sugar, I don't mind the rain, but being bumped about by the wind is so tiring.

Fingers crossed to get out for the morning tomorrow!

Alun.

Well they forecast gales...... but it hasn't got above 8 mph here; plenty of rain though, about on forecast.

I hope it does the same tomorrow!! Not being made of sugar, I don't mind the rain, but being bumped about by the wind is so tiring.

Fingers crossed to get out for the morning tomorrow!

Alun.

trust me Alun - don't even bother to set the alarm..............

Corsica and East Germany look great.

Adam! Your call on a trailaway?

If you do decide on a trailaway, you can carry on for a bit East, the fishing is great over here at Hebe Bay too, low 30's, but a little wet, large snappers, bream of some sort and groupers being caught just off shore ...... biggrin.gif