Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Alun,

Not a bad guess at all.

HW is at 5:51AM

LW is at 11:15 AM ish

Neap Tide

I think the plan is to be leaving Rownhams at around 6:30AM to arrive at slipway around 07:15 AM for a 7:30 AM launch.

One thing worth mentioning ( as I am bound to forget ) is last time I went out from Emsworth, 2 weeks ago, there were many rafts of weed floating around and it is just the rights sort to block your water intakes. So bear this in mind.

( Westray - my work colleague had his 130HP Honda stop clogged with weed. - Unfortunately, he can't make the 8th July ).

I think the plan is to be leaving Rownhams at around 6:30AM to arrive at slipway around 07:15 AM for a 7:30 AM launch.

You guys must hate me, i'm going to have to be up at 03:30 to be there for 07:00ish. huh.gif

Paul J, you will have to drive us out to the fishing grounds whilst i catch up on some ZZZZZ's.

Also we are talking about the weekend of the 8th aren't we?

Simon L

Simon,

Yes, weekend of the 8th. Regarding timings, I was hoping Gordon would post yesterday , I discussed with him the other night, so I think my times are accurate ( if not they are going to be pretty close ).

Paul D - Didnt know you had taken the trail-away commadores role as well?!?! biggrin.gif

Nothing of the sort - just thought the information would be useful and just replying to your question with what I knew about the planned times.

I will try to be less helpful next time biggrin.giftongue.gif

Sorry folks and thanks Paul, I've been that busy at work this week I am dissapearing up my own .........

Timings are correct.

Simon, if we could find some where to keep your boat you are welcome to a bed at my gaff on saturday night

Lets hope that weather has a break by then

What is the plan regarding crew. I have someone at work who wishes to crew for me ( 50% sure he will go at the moment ), however, not at the expense of someone else ( ie. another club member ) not being able to go - and then if he cant make it I will still be looking for crew.

Have you got crew Alun or were you intending on crewing on Neo ( or taking Gastronaught ) ?

I would like to think we should be able to take both Gastronaught and Neo and get crew for both - surely there are members who would like to crew on the trailaway ?

Happy to stay 'flexible' ! Will crew or be crewed.

Just keep an eye on that weather.......... BBC were hinting this morning of another horrid Low coming our way for third [ or fourth weekend in a row!].

My wife, Deb, is so cheesed off with it ......... she's off on the plane to Malaga for 9 days in some decent sunshine!! ............... leaves me with a whole fishing weekend!

Firm up plans on Thurs?? .........at the meeting?

Alun.

I am working this weekend and unable to join you weep.gif I hope that the weather allows you to get out

You will need good weather to get to utopia but if the weather is from the west the Island offers good protection and there can be good fishing on New ground, around the Dean tail buoy area and in the bay at Shanklin.

We did not have GPS when I fished there so I have no numbers but I could give a few pointers if you can not get the info from a more up to date source.

The east winner bank [ very close in] can be a good bait area, look for the diving gulls and cast feathers to them for mackeral.

another good bait area was the Dean tail Buoy and the concrete wreck close to it.

The Edges of new ground were very good for rays and the odd Bass and smoothounds.

The rough spit on the south side of these grounds is a good bream area.

Some areas in Shanklin are very good for Plaice, Turbot and Bass

basically if the weather is poor look for the charter boys sheltering in these areas, they will be on the general fishing marks, have a look around close [but not that close] to them and I am sure you will enjoy some sport

Very tight lines

stay safe

Charlie biggrin.gif

Hi Guys,

SeaMouse is out of the running, Mrs M has booked sunday for visiting friends. At the moment though, there looks like decent weather saturday so I'll possibly be able to offer an up to date update (alliterally) saturday night.

I'd back up what Charlie said, Utopia is wide open to the elements and as soon as you are approaching f4 from any direction is going to be very uncomfortable and 8 miles from home to boot. You are also on a fairly big tide, you can just about sit right through this one with braid and leads of 1lb 8oz-2lb but it'll be pushing along at the peak. Tide changes an hour or more before Nab Tower.

On a westerly, the island offers best cover as advised. For a northerly, back of the island is OK but you might have a rough trip back to Langstone. Heading east inshore and fishing the inshore selsey reefs for bream/hounds is an alternative.

Feel free to PM me for general numbers in the area as I don't really want to publish them.

Steve

Like Wedger, i too have only just returned from 2 weeks sunning it up in Spain and im off carp fishing for the whole of next weekend biggrin.gif so this weekend is a no go for me, Dan is away until saturday i think so dont think he will be able to make it either. Sorry guys Dat Dam Boat is stayin dry this weekend.....!

Good luck to those who make it out and hope the weather is good for you all!

Dom

Well with a few drop outs we have four boats: OotB, Enticer, Neo and Camira.

Trev, I think Simon has a Mitzubishi type thingy 4x4.

Weather is looking good.

I need crew now though - Al, do you want to crew if Paul is taking a work colleage?