Easter Weekend - Weymouth

Adam F

1st Trail-away of the year!

Planning a trip down to Weymouth over the easter w/e. Havent decided on dates yet, open to suggestions, or could wait until nearer the time to sus weather.

Plan - similar to usual, meet Town Quay slip at 7am, back in for 5pm ish, and a swift beer at the Spyglass.

Anyone fancy it?

Adam, best tides for the Plaice out on the Shambles is a 1.6 to a 1.8, so try and organise it for the smaller tides. The plaice re and have been shoing for a while now, but are still skinny. Early turbot have also been taken.

....so what are the tides for easter weekend then??

Adam,

I haven't got tables for Weymouth, but Easter is always the first Sunday after a full moon [ Mon. 2nd.] and the last quarter is Tues after the Easter Mon. so.....

.......tides will be bigger on Good Fri. and getting smaller over the weekend.....

...but how big ????

Alun.

PS. I might just be able to 'do' Easter Mon.

I picked up Fisheagle my new Orkney 520 from BHG the first weekend in March and despite two trips down from Leicester (boat kept at Bowleaze Cove) her maiden voyage was cancelled due to gales, the same again last Sunday.

Will try again over the Easter weekend and hopefully the Towaway weekend will prove to be the third time lucky. As I need to get used to the boat, especially the fishfinder etc. and she needs running in, fishing will be a welcome bonus. As it will be my first trip with the Club I am looking forward to the opportunity to get to know a few more members and make more contacts. rolleyes.gif

• 2 weeks later...

Have you got enough fishing there PJ ??

I might........... just might......... get out on Mon.

......if I can keep everyone else happy enough!!

Alun.

PS........ memo to self ........... get some worms !! [ just in case!].