Friday Eve

munterhunter

After seeing shoals of mullet swimming around mitchels (I think early this year?)the signs were good for a nice session but alas only one plaice landed but was a nice evening drifting the swash, blown out for rest of weekend hopefully a mid week session will start to find the summer species. My friend fished chesil and landed bucket loads of hermit crabs hopefuly also a sign of summer!!

This came up at a club meet once.

If I remember correctly, it was agreed that you are still boat fishing.

This appears to be confirmed by Species comps I have seen in the magazines that show anglers fishing from Charter boats moored to the side of the quay for a last minute mini-spicies.

Charlie or Martin, can you confirm?

Bob F.

hehehe have this wonderfull image of AdamF sitting in Blue Warrior on his drive and a line in his neighbourghs koi pond.......what's the specimin weight for saltwater Koi? wink.gif

That aside it seems to make sense - daft having to drop the anchor and let loose the mooring lines when the mullet are swiming round the boat on a summer evening. Don't get the big ones up near the boat though - they are all in the expensive marinas!

So Ok what if an angler on the dock side catches a mullet useing a long pole that extends OVER a moored /anchored boat. He lifts the mullet out of the water but then lowers it to the deck of the boat, jumps aboard ahd then unhooks it. Shore or boat caught ??? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Not that I wish to be contentious you understand rolleyes.gif

Mike

So Ok what if an angler on the dock side catches a mullet useing a long pole that extends OVER a moored /anchored boat. He lifts the mullet out of the water but then lowers it to the deck of the boat, jumps aboard ahd then unhooks it. Shore or boat caught ??? biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

Not that I wish to be contentious you understand rolleyes.gif

Mike

I'd say you're trespassing on private property ......... unless that's your boat cool.gif

RIGHT THAT'S IT !!!!!!!!!

How about the bloke who sees a fish whilst standing on the dock, casts a bait for it which the fish takes. As the angler strikes HE TRIPS UP and falls IN TO THE BOAT. However at the point the fish was hooked the fisherman WAS IN MID AIR !!!!. He breaks his leg and an ambulance is called, whilst being lifted into THE AMBULANCE the fish is draged along into THE BACK OF THE VEHICLE.

Now is that fish caught from a boat, mid air, the dock or a motor vehicle????

How d'ya like dem potatoes?!?!

Mike laugh.gif