Burnham Met Forecast

plaicemat

Forecast changing again. For Minehead just down the road.

Windguru now forecasts 15-18 knots SE.

Metcheck forecasts 15-16 mph but temp is freezing (windchilled -5 blink.gif ) with snow and sleet.

BBC has Burnham on Sea with 20mph westerly and max temp 11 c.

Who do we believe?

it is common practice to believe whichever best supports your ambitions...........

ie if you simply don't want to go when it's cold but will only actually wimp out because of wind pick the windy one! rolleyes.gif

personally I would take the Theyr one giving W 2-3 on launching going S2 for recovery. The sea state however will be a bit choppy on the ebb because of residual seas from the current W5/6

hope you all have a great time

Blimey, I see what you mean. Last time I looked they were forecasting temp of 13 deg C. Forecast now is for cold / sleet, snow with a southerly wind. ( Not that I know the best direction for wind there but southerly would seem to be a good direction ?

Metoffice isnt good:

Outlook for the following 24 hours:

Wind: southeast 5 or 6, veering south.

Weather: outbreaks of rain.

Visibility: good or moderate.

Sea State: moderate to rough.

Ill get in contact with Dick @ Burnham this afternoon....Southerly is good, but at F5/6 its pushing it.... sad.gif

Just spoken with Dick - he says the weather today would be Ok, but if the forecast stays as F5/6 Southerly it will be a little much - I am going to call him after 5 tonight when the Met Office update and then take a view on it then - sorry its so late, but it really is 50/50.

Adam

Hi Adam

I am calling it off too as Bill, my crew has to come down from Bedford and it seems a bit iffy to me.

I personally would not normaly launch in a F5 and a worsining forecast, so for safety I am calling off, sorry.

I was sooo looking forward to it as well! sad.gif

Coddy

weep.gif

TRIP IS POSTPONED UNTIL LATER DATE - TBA

Apologies for the lateness, but we were hoping for an improved forecast at 5pm - it hasnt come and whilst there is a small chnace we could get some fishing in it is a long way to go to turn around again - far better we thought to wait until another day.

I have a few dates that I will check and post for the reschedule.

Adam

Def the right decision.

Popped down to Mudeford Quay today and the sea looked well rough out there ( wonder if Martin ventured out ... , gload I didnt though ).

Saw Paul J as he had been fishing in the harbour and my labrador showed how intelligent he is as he decided to use Paul's portable toilet ( which he uses as a bait well ) smile.gif

Seems an ill wind has saved me as I have just cleaned my car and it has died of shock! weep.gifweep.gifweep.gif

The RAC are on the way to sort it out. I think the battery has died as it has lasted nearly 4 years and 164,000+ miles so can't compalin too much!

Glad it didn't happen towing the boat however. smile.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

Hi Paul,

I also ventured to Mudeford for stroll about 2.30.......... not even LW but no water out in the bay , just little breaking waves all over the shallow water !! No channel and two of the three yellow bouys were high and dry, the furthest one rolling in the waves.

Interesting to see the patches of gravel , where all the sand has been washed away, and shallow lines of banks , where sand has accumulated. The big tides later this week will reveal more at LW ......... I'll pop down after work for a look.

The wind chill today would have been very uncomfortable ; bearable when there are prospects of fish....... but at the moment hardly worth the effort.

Hope we get the re-schedule for Burnham soon to end the fish-fast!

Alun.

PS. Have fun with bends and splices using your new rope .

I was out just testing out my live well pump, it's bracket is set to force water up to the well while on the move with the pump switched off. It works!

I had a few fresh mackeral to waste so i sat on the corner of the run for a hour and had a nap.

The RNLI took two ribs out to play and then this guy kept driving his vechicle up and down the harbour about six times. i can't think why unless it was some kind of drill

Paul J

post-3-1142242677.jpg