Cod Comp

TomBettle

A quick blast around the bay saw a number of the usual suspects over a wide range of marks.

On the way down in the car it was chilly with 0 to 1 on my thermometre.

I have to say I was quite pleased to just be out for a spin rather than sitting all day in it.

The few people I spoke to all had the same story... not a good one.

Alun and Gordon appeared to have done best inshore near the Table Top with a clonking whiting and a 30lb eel plus a few bits n pieces, but nobody appeared to have any cod.

Martin said he had heard of a couple being caught, but none in any numbers.

This was all around 15:00 so what was the final outcome?

The day had apparently started beautifully with a flat calm sea, when I went out it was just beginning to lump up a bit and was decidely bumpy in the swash with the last of the ebb being pushed up into a fairly confused sea by the wind.

How did it end up?

Tom

Nice one Paul

obviously the scent traill worked, keeping up a very good record for Phaeton in the comps.

I believe Neil Bryan and Frank also got Cod

So out of Five, Three were caught by Members of PBSBAC from private boats

Nice one Guys well done biggrin.gif

and well done to the skippers for getting to the fish biggrin.gif

I hope that gets a mention in the results

Charlie biggrin.gif

Well done Paul!!!

Where were you guys fishing?

Who else caught Cod that we know?

At what point of the day etc etc?

Tom

Tom this was at the back of the IOW

The fish was caught at 1:30pm and was the only Cod Bite

We got about 5 small congers up to 20lb but that was about it.

This whole week has been pants fishing for me so im still in shock that i've actually won something cool.gif

Paul J

Had a nice days fishing on Enticer with Mark B. -5 degrees when I left home and towed the boat to Baiter for Mark.

We followed Maverick out to the Pinnacle mark - Illusion was fishing on the mark, so anchored nearby. Straight into a whiting and then pout after pout.

I got smashed up on my whiting rig by something much bigger. So stepped up to heavy mono with large baits. Nothing showing apart from the odd pout.

Mark had a decent fish but the hook came out - but no problem as I had the same fish on and brought a Conger to the surface which we TBarred off by the side of the boat.

Weather was by now getting lumpy, so we headed back to stop off at the Spoil ground ( getting the anchor up was tricky, since another boat had anchored rather close by ). As the weather was deteriorating, we headed back ( 29 knots through the harbour ).

Still good to be out with good company and was great to see the look on Paul J's face when he realised he had won