Hayling Island - Sunday 14 March

Bob F

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just replacing bearings on the trailer. Forgot to ream out the old roller guides on one wheel but they didnt look too bad, the bearings were a little rusty coloured though.!!

One wheel done, other wheel in Walkford Garage to have bearing guides knocked out, so all well and good will have back and on trailer by end of today. If not back then there will be no Neo sad.gif

Bob, thanks for the map, see you there.

I picked up the bait this morning, so I have 60 Rag, six mini slabs of sandeel, a box of squid, and a few Mackerel to boot..............hopefully there will be room ion the tackle box for my scoff!

Rich

I have Tara back at mine. Last trip for me in her!!! Actually really looking forward to it!

I have 50 rag, and have just spend a fortune on spoons and attractors!!

Ill be trying the swash channel, then hook sands, and if time the end of the piers.

See you all in the morning!

Adam

Hi all

Went to Hayling Island Saturday, was going to launch from the Ferry Inn on Hayling Island.

It is almost opposite the Eastney slip.

DO NOT GO THERE YET!!!!!

The top of the slip is covered in shingle and weed.

A 4x4 should be ok but a car will get stuck! It would only need a JCB with a bucket to clear it in a few minutes

Be warned,

Suspect Eastney should be ok as they try to keep it clear

Regards

Cod

mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Cod,

We ended up fishing Poole after all that! - The Plaice fishing was reputed to be dire, so rather than waste petrol we went closer to home.

We also found the ferry slip to be in a similar state, and had planned to use eastney.

Hopefully we will replan and give it a go later in the year.

Adam