Hayling Island - Sunday 14 March

Bob F

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bob,

I can also make Saturday and will have boat + me, so room for Dave Mayne, but like Adam and Martin, I am convinced looking at my fav. Waveguru site that the weather is conspiring against us once again.

Rapidly loosing enthusiasm. Perhaps I'm a jinx on the these trailering trips.

Bloody weather. sad.gif

Thanks for confirming, Dave.

Martin, is there anyone else on your boat, besides Rich (if he is coming)?

Just trying to confirm who will be on which boat (if we go).

Adam and I have a plan B if the weather is too windy. He's gunna give me a thrashing at golf!! Any bets???

cheers

Bob F. smile.gif

Hi guys............weather forecast this end is gales for fri and sat...........and langstone isnt the plaice (oops) for iffy conditions. I am available if anyone needs crew.........Bob, if you want, I will call my m8 who is skipper of the police launch for that area, he can offer his six eggs if you wish??? Rich

Thanks Rich.

Just spoke to Adam. Looks like we will call it off again. We'll wait for the 6pm forecast tonight, but I'm not expecting any change.

Next weekend is clear, so we could postpone to then. Let me know who would

be available for next weekend. Haven't looked at the tides yet, though.

If we cannot make it next weekend we will have to call off this trip. We start getting busy again in April.

Bob F.

Right - Last chance!

Either day next weekend for the 3rd attempt to fish Hayling. What day does everyone prefer? - I am free both days at the mo.

Also - went down to the ferry bridge slip yesterday whilst looking at the warrior. Tide was out and the differance was about 6/8 metres than the previous day when the tide was in. I also think the tide rip was about 4/5 knots! Nasty.

There is no way in the world I would launch a boat into that! - So slack on a high tide is the only real feasible option for that slip. At low tide it is similar to wick - steep and slippery + covered in shingle sad.gif

So we need another slip!

Adam

OK, this is the last attempt.

We are planning to give it a try on Saturday.

Meeting at Roundhams Service Station at 06:30.

Launching at Eastney slip at 08:00.

Can everyone confirm if you are attending, please.

Please give list of skippers and crew.

LW is 08:10

HW is 15:20

If Saturday is bad for weather we will move to Sunday so try to keep both days open.

Names we had previously were:

Loyal Royal - Mark, Adam, Bob

Maverick - Martin, Dean, ????

Neo - Paul, ???

Boat Buddies - Rich?, Dave Mayne?, Paul J?, Peter Russel Snr??

I will bring Splash-Out if we need another boat.

cheers

Bob F

Hi, will this be third time lucky Bob?? I am provisionaly confirming availability for crew for both days..............Deb moaned that I'm out next week as well.........but hey!!!!!!!!!! So unless I hear different, I will see you and the motley crew in the Eastbound service area, anytime form 0630hrs onwards.........If we meet up, I will hand over the Dartmouth chart for whoever needs to view it for the Dartmouth trip, but will leave you to decide where it goes Bob, ok??

Also, do you want any marks for Langstone, as I will download some from my pals chart plotter if need be.................moenchengladbach, as they say in Germany

Rich

Sounds good Rich.

Yes, any mark details will be greatfully accepted. wink.gif

There is a good mark that is supposed to be about 1/2 mile south of Chichester Harbour, but I have been able to get the numbers for this one????

cheers

Bob F

Oh......a few more wise words from my pal who uses the slip loads. If there is a big tide, apparently at the end of the shingle on the slip is a drop off of about 15 feet!!! Even locals have been known to lose trailers there! Forearmed is forewarned!

Also, a method he uses for plaice fishing is to bung on a 5oz weight, drop it to the bottom, feel when it hits, wind in the spare line to the rod tip, so its in the water, then attatch a pike bung style float, and leave about 18 inches of hooklength trailing behind the float,hand line in the remainder, then bait up with worms - he never uses squid (???) - the mussel beds will snag your spoons and other terminal tackle.

He has given me a few options of where to fish, so if your marks fail, we have a back up in the armoury!

Cheers.................Rich