Hayling Island - Sunday 14 March

Bob F

Latest forecast for Sunday is Southerly 4-5, Sea State moderate to slight, light rain showers.

So, it's right on the edge of our limit, I think.

Martin, Mark, Paul D how do you feel about that? You will be the skippers for the day.

p.s. Splash-Out will definitely NOT be available. Suzuki now say they have got to reomove the power head to repair a leaking oil seal... huh.gif

Good job it is all being done under warranty. sad.gif

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just spoken to Mark.

If the forecast is 4-5 Mark is not keen on driving all the way to the solent and fishing a new area in uncomfortable conditions.

So, as an alternative, Mark we prefer to fish in the shelter of Poole Harbour and maybe try to get out to the Swash if conditions allow.

I agree.

Let's wait till after the 6pm forecast tonight before we make the final decision.

Bob F.

The 6pm forecast has got no better, slightly worse in fact.

Regardless of the wind dropping dramatically on Sunday, this blow will muddy up the water which isn't good for plaice fishing.

I say we give Hayling a miss this weekend.

We have done all the prep work, so we can always go another time.

Mark, if you still want to give your boat a spin in Poole Harbour, I will be available for that.

Bob F.

Mark,

Low tide is 09:30 (1.1m) and high is 18:30 (1.9m). Neap tides, so I guess launch time will not make too much difference from Cobbs???

Not much good for flounder, though.

How about 10am? No need to go too early, is there?

Hi all

Sorry the weather has changed your plans sad.gif

If you are out on Sunday Mark give me a call I will be working on the boat.

If you bring her in to the Club at lunchtime I could take a couple of photo's for you.

Call me first to confirm I am going.

I did not reply about weather as I had discussed it with Martin earlier.

Its a good shout though because that much wind would make launch recovery dodgy. Not the place for launching on a maiden voyage.

Let me know what is caught

Tight lines Charlie biggrin.gif

Is there any chance of making the trip Sunday 21st March ??

Upside is the tides are BIG ( I am reliably informed by Paul J ) and hopefully the weather will be better ( calm spell coming up by the looks of things ).

Downside is it is mother's day !

Just spoke to Bob. Sat looks like it could be a goodun, he is going to check.

Would be good to do the trip sooner as we get busy with other trips towards April.

Paul - Dave Mayne was looking for a boat place - maybe he could crew for you?

Adam

Bob,

Portsmouth times are :-

11:06 and 23:33 High tide

04:23 and 16:43 Low tide.

So I presume launch at around 10:00 and come back around 17:00 ( ish ).

I dont; know the time difference for Eastney.

Also, the tides are real big, so the current flowing past the slipway will be strong between tides.

Charlie can probably confirm this, but the tides at the entrance to Langstone and Chichester harbours start running westwards at about 2-3 hours before HW Portsmouth and continue westards for approx 3 hours after HW Portsmouth.

Based on the times Paul has provided, we will have a westerly flow from 8am-9am till 2pm.

Therefore, we should be launching at slack water between 8am and 9am, and coming back in between 2-3pm.

I'd appreciate it if someone would double check this. We don't want to get it wrong if the tides are so big.

cheers

Bob F.

Is anyone reading this???

Can we confirm who is taking boats and which boat buddies are attending or would like to attend?

And can someone please double check my tide times??

So far I think we have:

Loyal Royal - Mark B + Adam + Bob F.

Maverick - Martin + Rich Jaw???

Neo - Paul D + Dave Mayne

DaveUK and Kev??

PLEASE CONFIRM!!!! mad.gif

Bob F smile.gif

OK!!!!

I have checked your tidal predictions, and they look to be pretty spot on according to my calculations. However I'm not 100% familier with where we are launching from - but it looks ok to me.

I fear however that we may be battling with the weather again. I have checked all of the weather sites I use (5 of them) and they all paint the same picture.

Wind 4/5

Sea State - slight/mod at times

Weather - Heavy cloud cover, rain at times heavy.

It may change, I suppose we are best to make a decision Fri some time?

I can confirm myself, and will text Dave Mayne to check if he is still available.

Adam