Smoking Your Catch

Wedger

Many thanks to Wedger for the truely scrumptious samples of his smoked trout brought along this evening.

I think that was some of the best cold-smoked fish I 've tasted !

Whatever you're doing Trev. ............ it's spot-on ! Well done.

If ever you want to do some exchange ........ for fresh veg. ........give me a shout!

At the moment, I'm in surplus with extra big toms., celery, aubergines , raspberries and parsley; french beans soon !!

Alun.

Thanks chaps biggrin.gif

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.

The whole thing has been done on an absolute shoestring and I hope demonstrates the point that you can enjoy many rewards without cost.............just a little thought. I hear it's inspired a few thoughts on what would be nice smoked. Bream and bass were mentioned last night and of course, when the hot smoker is up, the late season mackerel will get some stick.......... rolleyes.gif

Shame 'The Boss' missed it........... ph34r.gif

tongue.giftongue.giftongue.giftongue.gif

I'll try to work something up for whiting and that rare inshore visitor....... the cod.

The next big project predictably will be a hot smoker but I'm not sure yet whether to go techy or backwoodsman unsure.gif .

Who said smoking is bad for you................... huh.gif

laugh.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.gif

Wedge

cool.gif

Thanx for showing off your smoker, Trev, it's much easier to see it in 3D than trying to visualise it. Also for the conducted tour around the farm and the lecture on trout farming and triploidation(?), most informative. Now hunting for suitable barrels.

Also thanks to Mrs. Wedge (Sheila) for keeping Dilys entertained.

Terry.