VHF / DSC Radio

Paul D

paul if you get bfm this month page 47 redcar fish company very good prices on all electronics and they will match any quote that you have i hunted high and low for my electronics to get the best deal and today .i buy the bfm and see the add and they have beat my price i have brough garmin 182c and ff320c and simrad rd68 all for

Hi Bob

I like the Navman, did not go for the colour due to price. Both do same job but the colour version looks pritty but when you zoom in the colour is all the same.

Buttons feel ok to me but I have only played with the unit on the home table so far, hope to install it next week-end.

A friend has one and has got him home on the nail in some dense sea fog, thats enough for me in those conditions.

The stand footprint is small which is a good thing as there is not much room on the console of a Warrior with a GPS, Fish finder and now plotter!

Ordered a fishfinder from JG Technologies in Weymouth, woth checking their web site, been told if you go to the shop you can get a better deal as no postage is involved. http://www.jgtech.co.uk/index.htm

Navman Service Centrer is at

Hamilton Business Park, Bailey Road, Hedge End, Southampton SO30 2HE

Hope this helps

Mark

Look at page 87 of your plotter manual.

You need to connect Pin 6 (green wire) called NMEA OUT from your plotter to the NMEA INPUT pin on your VHF (not sure which VHF you have).

Pin 2 from your plotter is the Power Ground wire which needs to be connected with the VHF ground or to your common bus bar.

Then go to page 65 of the manual and follow the steps for setting up the input/output format (you will want NMEA IN/NMEA OUT). Use Port 1.

Also on page 65, you then set up the NMEA OUTPUT to a setting, approrriate to the data type that your VHF needs to receive (see your VHF manual).

NOTE: if the plotter is in SIMULATION MODE the VHF will not receive the GPS Data on the VHF screen.

Lastly, when you have this all working, if you go to page 72 it will show you how to set up the DSC feature on your plotter, which activates automatically if someone in your vincinity sends out a DSC distress sigal. The map page will show you where the boat is that is sending out the distress and give you a plot to get there when you press the NAV button.

Let me know if you need any help.

Bob F