April AGM 2023

Mal Thomas

This meeting was our long standing Chairmans last as he handed over the reigns to me. He was applauded several times through his emotional farewell to the Chair but not the club, we gave him a half case of White wine to fill the engraved goblets he received at the Dinner dance along with some flowers for Lorraine. A card was also signed by many members and handed over. CW organised that and many other trips to engravers and Trophy cabinets, so a big thanks to Chris for all the work no one sees.

The meeting went well and all committee members other than Chairman stood for re election. 

The meeting ended with probably one of the best speakers that entertained and bought tackle goodies that were at cost and keenly snapped up by the members. Stu is welcome back and hopefully he will help us with the you tube channel we are embarking on. He has a very large following and often goes on trips with Wayne (Shore hunter I think) on you tube. A very good watch, I myself watch them in Norway and on Local beaches. They are very familiar with all our local waters. 

Thanks to Jerry and Dog fish Dave for all their time and efforts organising the speaker and driving from Hythe. We had members travelling from far afield to attend this meeting, Gummage also took the time to come and visit even after a dunking at the slipway and not wearing his own clothes, now if that's not commitment what is.

Everyone was there till late and the room had a real buzz, long may it continue.

Thanks Mal,

Congratulations on being voted in as Chairman. I am sure you will do a great job.

A very good AGM, followed off by a very interesting InSite into International match angling tactics.

Having fished with Mike Fox recently I can certainly say that these guys put huge efforts into rigs, tactics and bait preparation/ use. 

Charlie

Dear Members and Committee

It was with some sadness but also some relief to give my 13th and last report to the AGM and to hand over the reigns to Mal.

It has been an honour to be the chairman of the club , but I did not expect it to last for so long.

I was very grateful for the magnificent card signed by the members, that was some achievement to get so many names and  signatures , and also the box of Sauvignon Blanc was much appreciated,

Thank you to every one for  the positive sentiments and the applause that I got.

I will continue to attend meetings and continue fishing, I have just j]had the first offer on the boat. Lets see what happens.

Thank you and Best wishes Tony

Keep finding speakers like Stu and meetings will be packed.