Boat on fire

lofty

Yes interesting evening at the Club.

You could see the smoke from Fleetsbridge as I drove in last night.

Huge well done to the Member that let it go and another in a small RIB that pushed it into the position shown.

We all stood around and watched her burn , with the Owners watching from the safety of the Clubhouse.

Nobody hurt but a complete wreck by this morning. It could have been so much worse

Feel for the owner who bought it last Monday.

I expect their are a few Marinas reviewing their Fire procedures now looking at that incident. God forbid if it happened at Cobbs!!!

It is so important to have Fire Breaks for that very reason. But in reality I guess it is not practicable!! 

I expect their are a few Marinas reviewing their Fire procedures now looking at that incident. God forbid if it happened at Cobbs!!!
It is so important to have Fire Breaks for that very reason. But in reality I guess it is not practicable!! 
Edit "but in reality I guess it is not COST EFFECTIVE"

A very sad scean but a wonderful picture Lofty, the lovely blue and white boat in the foreground is a boat made by Shakespeare International the family of the late William Shakespeare known as shakey Bill who was World boat speed record holder when he was tragicly killed in 1971 I believe while testing for another World record race on Lake wyndamere. The boat glides through the water beautifully iam told, any chance you could email a pic or send to my phone please?      Thanks,  boy Colin.