Propeller antifoul

sparky

I tried all sorts on my old boat but nothing really wanted to stick. Now I just polish the prop really well and it doesn't really get fouled up. After 6 months in the water it comes out with a light layer of crud which can be lightly sanded back then polished. Much cheaper too! 

7 hours ago, sparky said:

What antifoul do people use on their bronze propellers ?

I used to use Hempel Aluxtra in black which worked well but it's not available any more in the 375ml tin.

Any advice appreciated  please.

Mick

Now available in an aeresol spray , just a small mortgage, but does go a long way!,

After over 30 years of leaving boats in all summer, I've given up on antifouling props. The speed of rotation washes out all toxins and "goodness" and you just get left with a matrix of paint that remains well-attached. The weed, slime, barnacles and bristle-weed absolutely loved it.

I scrape, sand back, polish with wet and dry, and the burnished bronze has a fresh layer of toxic copper on the surface that keeps the worst of the wildlife at bay for another year.