Video Editing

gonorn

Having had a few words with inconsiderate people this year I've been tempted to fix up an action cam and record my days afloat just encase something happens! That way I have a chance to play back the footage and try and get some details!

3 minutes ago, gonorn said:

Having had a few words with inconsiderate people this year I've been tempted to fix up an action cam and record my days afloat just encase something happens! That way I have a chance to play back the footage and try and get some details!

A very good idea, shame we have to think like this. This would save the mad rush for the phone.

I fixed up a cheap one last week when I was out alone, I've not played back the footage yet to see how the quality is. However I have always wanted a Go pro and it might be the excuse I need to the wife to get one! Sorry to use your bad experience to get a new toy but....every cloud has a silver lining 😄

52 minutes ago, gonorn said:

I fixed up a cheap one last week when I was out alone, I've not played back the footage yet to see how the quality is. However I have always wanted a Go pro and it might be the excuse I need to the wife to get one! Sorry to use your bad experience to get a new toy but....every cloud has a silver lining 😄

Look at the SJCAM 4000 \ 5000 - a go pro copy and quarter of the cost. they are so good, there are fake ones on the market, so ensure you get from a good seller from Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/SJCAM-Multi-function-Waterproof-Camcorder-wide-angle/dp/B01HXQ70K6

plus, outside the case, they fit the generic go-pro mounts.

havign a screen and wifi streaming is good too - mine hasnt missed a beat.

R

I bought a copy of a Go Pro last year for my holiday. It is a Gulaki 4K

It came with attachments and even remote control for wrist on/off. All contained in a small case and has spare battery. fits onto all the usual mounts

It is 4K quality, better battery life than a go pro

and cost less than £60.00

The wrist remote did not survive a dunking in NZ and I cannot get it replaced, so I am tempted to get another complete set

Wish I knew how to edit the videos, so any advice would be appreciated

If you are recording in 4K you will struggle to edit videos in a timely fashion.

4k and the quality of the lenses on these things is not worth it. Just a marketing thing. 1080 is probably too much also. Just uses more space. 720 should be more than good enough.

Better off to have a good lense on 720 than a poor lens with 4k.

R

Thanks Rob

It seems to be as good as the Go Pro borrowed off Dan for previous holidays

Have it set at 720 and the battery seems to last at least 3 times longer as well. Plus the viewing screen is mega useful

Rob can you move this bit to another thread as I do not want to go so far off an important original topic [ Sorry Mal ] but I would like to pick brains on editing options

Charlie

This sort of thing Charlie:

Bottle of Doombar in one hand . . . . mouse in the other !

No magic wand just spending the time with it.

GOPRO studio video editor is free on the " T' internet "

But as Rob said they are all computer power hungry.

It takes me quite a while with the drone films.

I use Cyberlink Powedirector but that's one you have to buy.

Good luck and enjoy the beer. ;)

You're in luck Charlie:

I just looked at that youtube tutorial.

Not sure it's one of the better ones so I checked my Hard drive:

I've not yet deleted a load of them that I downloaded years ago.

I'm writing them to a disk for you . . . . . . all 41 of them ( That's a lot of Doombar you'll have to consume ) :lol:

Now if anyone else wants a copy of this disk please shout because I'm gonna delete them. ( Am I going to regret this ? )

As Charlie said . . . . can a moderator move this to a separate thread please?

Ta.

Jim

Its one of the things I dread. A guy in a rib passed by a few years ago and turned around to tell me he couldnt see me with the low sun.
The auto pilots scare the bejeezus out of me.
And yachts always seem to come as close as possible when im at anchor? Why,?
As for cameras i use an Ion Air Pro 2
Make nice videos and you can grab screen shots

419967c70034c918fb7b01e70360e914.jpg

Sent from my SM-G955F using Tapatalk

11 hours ago, Tiddler said:

This sort of thing Charlie:

Bottle of Doombar in one hand . . . . mouse in the other !

No magic wand just spending the time with it.

GOPRO studio video editor is free on the " T' internet "

But as Rob said they are all computer power hungry.

It takes me quite a while with the drone films.

I use Cyberlink Powedirector but that's one you have to buy.

Good luck and enjoy the beer. ;)

Thanks Jim

better get some more doombar in.

I have a copy of that studio

and had a few goes with it when I got back from Ascension after using Dan's Go Pro.

trouble is it doesn't seem to like the ones from my camera, specifically the trimming tool does not seem to be active in the bottom left corner of the main screen

Quote Charlie 

"Thanks Jim

better get some more doombar in.

I have a copy of that studio

and had a few goes with it when I got back from Ascension after using Dan's Go Pro.

trouble is it doesn't seem to like the ones from my camera, specifically the trimming tool does not seem to be active in the bottom left corner of the main screen"

Yes Charlie I suddenly thought about that this morning.

GO PRO software is designed to only work with GO PRO video.

It's also very limited in what it does.

I found it OK for very short film but used to crash for anything over 5 minutes or so.

I checked the error codes on line and it just seems to be the way it is.

I think I did a cheat on the non GO PRO films by opening them. Not editing and then producing a film which seemed to mark them as GO PRO ? ?

If you knew which properties to edit you may get around it that way.

Or you could buy a real program:

https://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/search-keywords/xx_xx_xx_xx_xx/cyberlink-powerdirector-16/xx-criteria.html

There are lots of different programs and places to buy from so do some research.

If anyone knows of a free and easy program could you post on here...................... I think there's a Windows program ( Posted by Rob ) ? ?

I tried it but it's very basic.

Found this:

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-windows-movie-maker-alternative

Jim