I've Gone And Been And Done It!

Afishionado

Well I've gone and been and done it, and I am as excited as an excited thing biggrin.gif

My first NEW BOAT ever!!!!!!!!

I have (to be honest me and my fishing chum Mark) have bought a new Seahog Samurai. The boat is new, the engine is a 2003 60hp Tohatsu EPTT like new, and the trailer is a galvanised Hallmark Roller Coaster a couple of years old.

We've got twin pedestal bucket seats, DCS Radio, rod holders, tanks, batteries, the lot rolleyes.gif

Delivery will be at the begining of June AND I CAN'T BLOODY WAIT! HE HE HE!

I now need to be reminded pleasa of the best people to arrange insurance through.

As yet we have to name her and we may have to have a launching ceremony at Cobbs where I will be hit over the head with a bottle of stout to keep me quiet.

Mad (MAD? I bloody extatic) Mike

post-6-1114261582.jpg

Well done Mike, a brand new boat, WOW!

Excellent engine. Tohatsu is well regarded by commercial fisherman. They may not have the top technologies at the front as the rest of the competitors, but you can be assured whatever they bring out will be well and truely tested. Steady eddy is the name.

Did you know Tohatsu is the ONLY manufacturer never issued a recall on any of their products? This statement alone says something.

Kam (green with envy dry.gif )

How about a ride in your new boat when it's ready?! tongue.gif

PS What name have you in mind? Mayday Mayday Mayday ...... rolleyes.gif

Kam asks.........

PS What name have you in mind?

Well the one at the top of the list at the moment is

'KAJITSU'

Bearing in mind the boat is a Samurai = Japanese =

kajitsu.. beautiful day

kajitsu.. good day, auspicious occasion

kajitsu.. summer day

Carol on the other hand (being dead common like) prefers

'Harry Flaters'

As in flat out. dry.gif

You just can't get the staff can you! biggrin.gif

Mad Mike

Look at all that space!!

post-6-1114276490.jpg

Well done Mike

May you have many happy hours on her and catch some little fish! ohmy.gifohmy.gif

Well you need to leave the big ones for me as I have been waiting for such a long time. laugh.giflaugh.giflaugh.gif

As for a name "Take your Fancy"

A lot of letters but it can mean anything to everyone.

Let us know when the first launch is as we all want to cheer and drink some bubbly sick.gif

Coddy

cool.gif

Hmm, we've had a mad evening with me, the family and Mark thinking of names going from the absurd biggrin.gif through the rediculous laugh.gif to corny blink.gif and then downright rude ohmy.gif , so I am no further forward. Aparantly I am on my own wanting a classy name laugh.gif . Philistines the lot of them!

By the by anyone remember the name of a good marine insurance broker?

Mad Mike

post-6-1114293406.jpg

Well done mike - lovely boat.

Did it come from Bristol perchance?

A chap called Ziplex bought one of these (you may remember) about a year ago and it was well discussed on this forum - then about 6 months later, once he had kitted it out it was up for sale!

Adam

Nice one Mike - I am sure like others you will have hours of fun................

Loved your classy name - seems pretty straight forward on the radio to (which is important - I mean other recent ones around here are going to get the p*** taken something rotten; and that's only if anyone is prepared to answer them!)

Re yor suggestion it has everything does that include a livebait well or are you going to use the period up to delivery making one up? rolleyes.gif

Boat owning, like marriage and kids, is worth it in every sense except financial........ ph34r.gif