Stainless propeller

plaicemat

Interesting read here: http://www.thehulltruth.com/boating-forum/22884-stainless-steel-prop-vs-aluminum.html

Just remember that the ally prop is the weakest link when you hit something. If it isn't anymore, where will that force go? Gearbox?

Also you will need to drop pitch etc.

Some of the raider guys had joy with 4 blade ally props, but, you may already have that, doesn't help if you clonk it mind!

R

I have a Turning point hustler, which has a brass core and ally blades. When replacing, I only buy the blades which is strangely much cheaper than a 'Normal' prop.

The core is expensive over here so got the core from the US (suitcase transport not courier).

Thanks for all your input chaps, I have now spoken to Phil at Warrior and his advice was similar about the weakest point but also that there would be no improvement in performance, which is the usual reason for going to stainless, until one gets to the 140hp size engine. I also used to have a Turningpoint prop on the old Mariner engine but recommendation seems to be, with Suzuki's, stick to Suzuki genuine prop. I have bitten the bullet and bought another ally prop and will get the old one repaired and keep as a spare. So, next question, who do we use for prop repairs? I used to go to Propeller Solutions when the were at Cobbs but know they have now disappeared.