Beginners luck

jerry.shutter

We had organised some friends months ago to come and visit us and the boat. They kindly invite me fly fishing every year and a return invite required. I did not know there capabilities but they were keen.

We did the 2.30 bridge and we're heading out for some Mackerel then hopefully a Tope, after a couple of fruitless hours off Peverel and Durlestone I decided to put the hook down on a bank and try some frozen Mackerel and leave the feathers out. After an hour we had a nice female undulate around 12lbs and 9 Mackerel!!!!!!! So a gentle return as BBQ seemed more important than Tope!!

After far to much enjoyment the night before, and a banging head we made the 10.30 bridge, same plan.

This time thankfully 4 Mackerel put in an appearance and we headed out and had a beautiful long quiet drift down the Jurassic coast with Tope to 40lbs for both friends, they were delighted.

Headed in to Dancing Ledge for a last hour with nothing to show for our efforts.

Absolutely unbelievable weather and very happy friends, and wife!!!!😎😎 I now have even more respect for skippers like Ryan, I am shattered after a day and a half keeping people happy on board!!!