Tuesday Trip Tips

billy2shots

Conditions look half decent so I'm planning on heading out on Tuesday.

Last trip was a successful Bream bashing session around Poole Patch before the weed completely spoiled the second half of the day during the ebb when Rays were the target fish.

I'm looking to get a decent bend in the rod and return to catching something more substantial. I've stuck to the Bay for the first 6 months of my sea fishing journey so far venturing only as far as East as Dolphin sands on one occasion (from Poole).

I can't decide whether to go out Ballard/Peveril way, go back to Dolphin Sands or push south for deeper water. I'm in a Merry Fisher 805, sea keeping is pretty good but speed over water is pretty slow so I would be looking at something less than 8 miles from the harbour entrance.

Ideally I wouldn't mind targeting Smoothies or Topelet (have they returned to Dolphin sands yet), Bass, Rays, conger.

Any pointers on species that are around in decent numbers and location to check out would be hugely appreciated. I would like to narrow things down a bit in my mind and have one or two plans in place by Tuesday.

You could try the Sadler, you will have the flood all morning, good for Ray's, smuts, small Tope, gurnards , dab, plaice,, mackerel. Try anchoring 503947-015132 which will put you on a bank, if it does not fish here you could go to the six mile bank 5037224 - 0150448 much the same as Sadler + more chance of bonus Bass, crab or lobster if you want to target the Tope use fish baits but if you want the smuts use squid, worm or crab. Looks like being a nice day so should be out myself probably head 18 or 20 mile off looking for the cod again.

Billy

Your boat is more than capable for offshore trips.  She should cruise at 16-18 knots so any marks off of Poole are within your cruising range.  Some good advice from Dave re marks which I can't at this moment improve on but will at some point get my mark book off the boat and send some over to you

Have a great day

Billy

Your boat is more than capable for offshore trips. She should cruise at 16-18 knots so any marks off of Poole are within your cruising range. Some good advice from Dave re marks which I can't at this moment improve on but will at some point get my mark book off the boat and send some over to you

Have a great day

The boat is fine, I'm the limiting factor at the moment lol. Gradually building up experience and knowledge and plan on heading offshore in the near future. Would really appreciate any marks. I'm gradually making up a list/book to keep on board.

Will keep ch6 on and listen to others.

Had an enjoyable day yesterday. Left Parkstone Bay at 9.10 and headed out towards what I thought was Sadler. I stupidly left my phone at home which had the GPS numbers on. I must have fished a different area because Fisheagle drifted the Sadler and I didn't see him.

Whatever the location I found a lovely feature with a shelf dropping from 12m into 18m. Feathered for 20 minutes and had two mackerel, 1 jumbo size that was gifted to the mrs on return home.

The action came thick and fast from 10.20 to 2.45 when we upped anchor and headed home.

15 Tope (5-8lb)

1 double figure ray

1 LSD

2 Macks

Target species were Tope and Smoothies so half job completed.