Two boats , one sunny day, zero effort. (Some nice pictures ! )

Hooky

I really can't be assed to get my huge carcass out of bed too early ( speaking to Alan on the blower )

10: 30 bridge will have to do !

A very quick invite to Gummidge , a very quick txt to Dave ( DPD , it's going to be both boats (Marlin 755 things )

Ok, I knew we were going to miss the best part of the day, the tides were NOT in our favour , this weed issue , get it wrong and forget the fishing .

Huge rafts clung to every inch of braid when the tide started running , slack water was err crap, nothing going on as such

post-1523-0-63754800-1495739560_thumb.jpeg

Let's give the old patch a go , maybe possibility of a bream ??

post-1523-0-51525200-1495739707_thumb.jpeg

post-1523-0-30427700-1495739742_thumb.jpeg

So let's see , lost count of the Rays, Alan once again proved you can get them on simple bream rigs with 12lb line , add a few nice keepers of bream , doggies of course , and me as usual had to be different , having great fun with Scad on tiny lures !!!

Gummidge has to be fair a fairly tuff time in years gone by , that's why he joined , it's a huge learning curve

Getting the right rigs with correct presentation did it , Ray's on feathers , smoothounds on a single tiny strip of squid etc etc lol ( the secret of the green bead strikes again !!)

Slack water, off to top secret Ray marked X (shhhhhh) let's see if we can get a bit of bait , we were running very low , , nowt , nothing going on around the Sadler , DPD in hot pursuit ,.

post-1523-0-50759500-1495740555_thumb.jpeg

post-1523-0-58214200-1495740668_thumb.jpeg

post-1523-0-46948700-1495740818_thumb.jpeg

Arrgggh , the secret Ray Mark , who let the secret out , once again a few very pretty Ray's came on until the tide started , oh dreary me , it was a stunning summer evening , my limited time off will not be wasted !!

post-1523-0-32561600-1495741206_thumb.jpeg

Come on Alan , let's see what she will do then ??? Fisheagle lifts he skirts , blimey the fuel gauge seems to be doing funny things ??? Never truly realised how to burn up so much fuel in such little time , brilliant fun if a wee bit harsh on the skippers pocket !!!

post-1523-0-74030400-1495741574_thumb.jpeg

DPD , went off to see something called football ?? Let's stay out for a bit , plenty to do until the 8:30 bridge .

Gummidge lives may miles away , it takes him a fair old while to get down and one hell of a drudge to get back to his field far far away , it has taken a while but he remembered the most important thing , it's call Scrumpy , yep made with his own apples from a traditional press ( he really is a farmer !!!) he gave us a few bottles to take home , yep he had a very good day indeed .

I believe this could be a good year , it's still early in the season , the mackeral will show in the next week or so , birds have started diving for the Brit in shallow waters , they WILL follow !

Once again I'm really enjoying my time on the water , ok I'm not catching much (so far ) but we really are very lucky to be in the most beautiful place in the UK , cheers all .

So, that's how it was , completely and ably described in words and pictures by Hookey there! All I'd like to add is a big thank you to Alan for his generous hospitality and wide ranging advice. It covered ,passage out of Cobbs Quay, calling up the bridge on channel 12, Use of the two boat channels, how to contact the harbour master and chain ferry on 14 next time my engine resigns and leaves me gliding out the harbour on a strong ebb, the looe channel, secret marks which obviously I'm not going to tell you about because you all know them already, how to anchor on them, assessing wind and tide to set up a drift, how fishing baited feathers shows you where the fish are feeding........it goes on........I'm getting involved . You guys are helping me. Its a great club!