My first cod of the autumn on Wishin Too

niggle

Eventually got on boat at 9.30 after sorting a few things at home but with no speed limit in the harbour I made good time to a mark south of the Dolphin Bank where I found these 2post-1213-0-63722500-1477072990.png

Stuart and NealπŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚

On this mark I only had a few dogs even when my anchor decided to slip still only dogs there too,so after a couple of hours I moved to the Needles car park where a charter was on my preferred mark so picked another.

It was still slow with dogs with congers in between to tug my string then I had a different bite and hooked and lost what felt like a nodding cod😀,had a feisty Thornback ray that I thought was a small conger.

Tide went slack and had a few more congers including one so small thought it was a silver eel,then the tide started to ebb so I gave it 20 more minutes with massive whole cuttle.

Nod nod "cod on "and when I looked at my other rod that had a nod nod as well but I was unable to set the hook on that one while playing this fish.Not a big fish about 9lb and as it was lip hooked I put it back after a photopost-1213-0-11230000-1477074261_thumb.jpg