Poole Sea Angling Centre Cod Comp

Maverick Martin

is anyone thinking of entering this one, haven't fished it for a couple of years.

Andy said to me the other day if he doesn't get some attendance he will have to stop running his comps.

it would be good to support Andy as he is a big supporter of our club and has been for years.

I for one would like to fish this comp again

Hi Sam

Quite a few of us fish this each year. Back in the good days when you used to get 150+ anglers take part the prize money was good. I won the comp in 2006 and collected £770.00 for first prize. I first entered the comp in 2004 and have been fishing it every year.

I never miss this one.

Greg

wasn't sure if people still did as I haven't for a couple of years. due to being a busy time of year.

was saying to dad only yesterday I want to get back into more competitions again, so looking at what else I can do next year with maybe a bit of travelling

I will be fishing it even if I don't catch any cod as not very lucky season for me.

But hey going to up my game and study some maps and see if there is any other places to fish than the car park.

Got my self a second had freezer ready to stock up with squid,cuttle and black lug.

So definitely going to fish it even if it's just an excuse to go fishing.

Will be there as I always do this comp........weather permitting of course !!

I remember going out in thick fog with Kev on Marichelle, huge swell just outside the harbour,we turned back.................then heard on radio that sea state was dropping and went back out, really weird because we were anchored up and we could hear voices , fog cleared and there was a line of boats about 100 yards apart.

Think that was the year I came second, beaten by 1 pound  :(