Lowrance Structure Scan

Ehaysom

Hi all

Since taking delivery of my boat, the sonar and structure scan options on my unit have not worked.  I have been very patient while various "technical" people have tried talking me through different settings, etc but to no avail.  I was told last week that they think my transducer is faulty and they would send another to be fitted locally. Today, they have changed their minds and said I need an additional (standard) transducer to work with the structure scan transducer.  Does this sound right to those of you that are more technically aware than me?  Does anyone else have the structure scan kit and do you have 2 transducers?

Many thanks in advance of replies.

Elliot

Hi Elliot,

I am not "technically aware" as you put it! Far from it, when I bought my boat it has an Lowrance HDS 7 and I was lead to believe I had structure scan with the unit,but having used it and tried to suss everything out, discovered I too needed another transducer "kit". I have found I can consistently not catch fish without it so have taken it no further. I am sure someone at the club will be able to help you properly but I also found it a little confusing/misleading.

Jerry

I have the whole lot in gen 2 with it all networked i have 2 transducers 1 for fishfinder and 1 for struturescan both transom mounted.For some reason stucture does not work properly on the hds7 touch but ok on the hds10 button model?

Hopefully this pic shows thempost-1213-14404344745443_thumb.jpg

You will have to zoom in

I have a gen 2 setup. The structure scan is on the transom and also shows depth. I have had endless problems with the depth /fishfinder sonar side which are now resolved with a new through hull transducer moved from the starboard locker where it never worked properly to under the floor to the rear of the cabin where there seems to be a flat area which is designed for it, but my cabin is different to yours. By sonar do you mean the extra contours/details shown on the Navionics Charts when you use "fish'n chips"? This works through a different transducer to the downscan. This needs switching on and is only available after the screen reaches a certain magnification.

Allan.

Hi guys. Many thanks for your replies. I made a couple of calls to Lowrance dealers and it seems that although I paid for the complete kit of HDS9 with structure scan, the dealer only fitted the structure scan transducer and not the standard one!! A standard one has been sent to a local firm for them to fit at no cost to me.

Although I got a great deal on the boat, it has been a pain trying to get a few initial issues sorted when the dealer is in Torquay! Lesson learned for when I decide to change the boat.

Thanks again

Elliot

Probably an Airmar. Find what fluid they put in it and keep some on board in case you need to top it up. Dave and I are very good at taking them apart and putting them back together. Assuming you have the Navionics Platinum Plus Chart which will activate the Fish'N Chips embedded sonar which was another learning curve?

Sounds like the main problem has been solved.