New member!

James Vaughan

Hi,

My name is James Vaughan and I have just joined the club. I have just bought a Bayliner Trophy 1952, which I keep at Rockley Park.

I had my first season in Poole last year in a small cuddy and had a great time. I would like to do some serious angling this year and learn from people in the club. I will try and get along to the meeting on Thursday and say hi.

I'm looking to improve my skills this year and would like any advice on RYA courses etc.

I would also welcome an opportunity to crew with another member or provide my boat and fuel for another member so I can find my way around the local marks etc.

I have done some charter fishing but still a novice.

Any help or advice would be really welcome

James

Hi James welcome to our club which we believe to be one of the best around.

A few of us keep our boats up at Rockley on stack and store so you're not alone.  The chairman("Serenity" Merry fisher 695) treasurer (Warrior 165) myself ("AWOL" Karnic 2460)and others are up there. 

Not a good time of year for fishing inshore but there are opportunities offshore if the weather ever allows us to go out.  Inshore fishing should pick up end of April/may when the Bream arrive in numbers (hopefully)  No harm in going out with other members during the quite period to learn boating skills and to get the jist of where local marks are.

Dave aka Coddy on here is our safety officer.  He would be best placed to tell you about courses and training available

Small boat angling is a large topic to learn about as it's not just about the fishing however by joining a club such as ours and by joining in and taking advantage of what's available the learning curve could be dramatically reduced.

As soon as I receive confirmation from our treasurer that you are a fully paid up member I will update your forum status so you can then view the members only section of the forum.

Martin

A few of us keep our boats up at Rockley on stack and store so you're not alone. The chairman("Serenity" Merry fisher 695) treasurer (Warrior 165) myself ("AWOL" Karnic 2460)and others are up there.

When they put the subs up they will move to Salterns!!!

:)

Hi James

Sorry I missed you at Rockley yesterday, You were going as we came in. We waved back, your boat looked to be going very well, pity the speed limit will be back on in 29 days time.

I've sent Martin (Maverick) an email confirming your membership, so you'll soon have access to the Members Only area.

There's definitely no need to buy Jim any cakes, I think he's already eaten them all and most of the pies. :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Hi James

Welcome to the best boat club on the South Coast

I am Dave the Safety Officer.

Keep an eye on the training thread on the forum as I often post deals of the week for RYA traing.

Let me know what training you are looking for and I can arrange it, we get special discount from our buddys at Absolute Aqua as a club member.

Keep safe and don't be afraid to ask any questions however simple they may seem, we have a great wealth of knowledge in the club and most members are are only willing to help, the only exception is their special fishing marks!

Dave

aka

Coddy