Swanage ocean kayaks classic 18th may

lofty

The weather is looking alright for this event . We have Martin and Neal as support boats. Anyone with a fishing kayak can enter on the day or just come down to have a look. It's quite a spectacle .

Oh and if your in Swanage bay on Saturday, look where your going please ;)

List so far of competitors

Starvinmarvin

PaulFennel

richi

lureman

lurelady

merryfisher

Charlie C.D.H

Luvtoots

Chaser

Phatbuoy

Bobbin'angler

Floydyboy

Andywills

Legend

Cobra

Diyman (Ian)

happyguy

Mark

Biffobear

gosling

Todaymueller [ john ]

Dogsandlandys

Sorona21

heresjonnie ( Jon )

Steve V

Spud67

Dizzyfish

Pipes

crow

Richc

Clive. cj

butcher

Zoylander Ed

Marshy

Moonbar (Danny)

Rosatuffy

Alex

Piscator (Andrew)

Vanquished (Vini)

Chrisot

Johnb. As long as new yak gets here in time

Fishboy

Greygoose

H

Donk

geordiebrian

Wait & Sea (Dave)

MadKev

Robin2108

Oggy

frosty

Salisburysteve

post-1423-13686846068526_thumb.jpg

From David Starvinmarvin Morris on anglers afloat What a weekend. As I said at the OK Classic, you all made me very proud, I'd like to thank every member and non member that came along, their understanding wives and kids. Would also like to thank whoever put the weather right, its the one thing as an organiser you just can't control, there was talk of chickens and goats being sacrificed well whatever/whoever did it, thanks. Ed and Andy I forgot to thank you at the end of the prize giving, I'm sorry, you both know without your and SWKA's help we would have struggled to make it all happen.

IMGP0358_zpsf078550a.jpg

The Marshals were brilliant, it all ran like a well oiled machine, each Marshall just getting stuck into a role, knowing what needed doing and just getting on with it. Nicky, Steve (Ballan, Ballan, Ballan, Ballan, ooh, pout), Richi, Paul, Andy, Martin, and Steve, thank you so much. Neil and Martin the support boats, thank you for stepping in so late in the day and donating your time, fuel and support, be proud your help donated another £360 to the fund. Lofty thank you for arranging, again at such short notice. The Lady Mayoress for popping along on time to award the prizes to all the winners. Martin from Swanage Angling Centre, he and his wife managed to get everyone's bait ready and waiting for the 8am opening. The guys at Herston Leisure for putting up with us, but please do something about that bloody pump in the toilets! And of course all the sponsors. Ross and team from SMG Group who donated the 1st Ocean Kayak Trident 15, Railblaza rod holder and paddle, 2nd Ocean Kayak Trident 15 and Railblaza rod holder, 3rd prizes PFD and C-Tug, trophies, and reels for our juniors. Daiwa who supplied, a 6-12lb class Super Kenzaki Rod, Cap and Polo Shirt for the best fish prize and supplying us with enough caps and Polo Shirts for the Marshals and a few extras for prizes including First Lady and Junior. iCOM for supply Polo Shirts and Mugs Baz (Barto) and Cornwall Canoes for supplying prizes for 2nd and 3rd place prizes for Best Fish. Thanks also to Carolyn at Swanage Council who was very understanding and helped me through the early stages of planning and paperwork, she also helped to keep our date safe, there were two other clubs wanting the same date. And lastly, thank you to Tina (Mrs Starvinmarvin), Aaron, Isobel and Millie for not moaning to much about the time I've been spending on this event. I'd also like to thank my Hobie sponsor for being so understanding, thanks Steve. See you all next year

Edited by Maverick
photo added

I was lucky enough to be invited to help with " safety boat " duties on AWOL.

I arrived at Rockley just before 9:30.  My Dad was already there getting AWOL ready. :D

As I loaded my gear I heard " tea or coffee ".

Now let's think about this - - - - - - Gorgeous morning with hardly any breeze, One of the best club boats and a great skipper offering me a cuppa when I arrive. - - - - - Magic !

We set off through the harbour at a gentle pace. We could just about hear Charlie on the radio. Martin asked about the mackerel and we were reassured that they have finally come in !

As we reached the chain ferry, we spoke to Neal who also confirmed that the mackies were in. He had taken up position on the western side of Swanage bay.   We nipped out for a few mackerel before taking up our position on the Eastern side of the bay.

Martin was into the bream straight away.  We had a steady stream of bream ( mostly to Martin ) until the tide died away then so did the fish.

We didn't get called upon for any safety duties but Neal was asked a few times to help with stuck anchors.

I heard a young voice shout " Dolphins " Kev's grandson ( Yelo ) was letting us know about our visitors.  I have never seen the dolphins around here so I was delighted !   It's a shame they were so far away.

When the bream were having their siesta and we had been " stood down " from safety duties we moved further out to try for a few Rays. No joy there !

Martin asked if I was up for a quick go on Poole patch - - - - - so off we went.   We had quite a few bites but only one fish to Martin.

We decided to go home and leave some fish for Chris ( kingfisher )

We took about 35 seconds to reach the chain ferry ( or it seemed like it ) what a great boat ! ! !

Oh yes, Lots of cuppas and sausage and bacon butties.

Glad the Kayak meet went so well and happy to be available to help.

Two sports boats came ploughing through at speed and some of the language used on the radio was a little less than " full of praise "

Thanks for a cracking Day out Martin. ;)

Jim

HI Martin and Jim

well done for supporting this event

good news about the mackeral and bream

the garden is now lighter and brighter and hedges trimmed

looking forward to bream comp next w/e but have got to go to Devon to see grand daughter

hope you all

have a good time

Tony