Flounder comp results

Maverick Martin

Well what a blowy and cold day. Not at all pleasant but we still managed a good turn out, I counted 11 club boats and 23 members fished.

The fishing was very slow with most boats going up the Wareham channel (us included) to fish the mudflats of Holton Mere or thereabouts. We all have our little favoured spots (except me, never very successful with flounders) Any way in the morning not a lot happening with little chat on the radio, either they were keeping their cards close to their chest or it was exceptionally slow. With no bites on our boat in the first three hours we decided to make a move down the channel and found a mark near to Patchins point. The second run up started and it seemed as though a switch had been flicked and a few fish started to come aboard. We ended up with 4 flounders on Maverick, 3 small ones for Bob and I had one of 2lb. Dean couldn

Hi all

We went out today with Gary on Prodigy

7.30 and the only boat waiting for the bridge to lift

Then full speed up to Wareham, fantastic fun in the early morning light.

After a slow start and 1 fish to Gary we moved and started a steady stream of small fish before the amount of water under the boat forced a move.

another hour with no more fish prompted a move to join other boats at Baiter, the Crabs were active but the fish were not.

We all managed to get a flounder

Total catch onboard 8, but the best only went 1lb 12 oz to Gary.

Well done to all those that turned out today, great to see so many boats and anglers out there.

Well done John a cracking fish, biggrin.gif what a time to break the Club Record during the flounder Comp.

Charlie, Sam and Dan biggrin.gif

Hi Guys

I am sorry I could not stay for the results but I could not wash my boat down due to the wrong connecton for the tap on the slip! mad.gif

So had to get home in some sort of light to swing the boat back on the drive.

I would like to thank Bob & Adam who kept an eye and ear out for me for my first trip around the harbour.

Well done the winner what a fish! rolleyes.gif I am glad I let my little one go back now, but at least I caught my first flounder. smile.gif Sounds daft I know but they are not targeted on the East Coast.

Enjoyed the day and looking forward to many more to come wink.gif

Regards

Coddy

cool.gif

Met up with captain Pete at the pontoon, Whistler already to steam, we eased up river towards Wareham, finding our exact mark......erm...here looks ok!!! and settled into fishing.

Having spent the previous evening making up wonder traces, looking more like christmas trees than flounder rigs, tackling up choosing two rods with single hooks, with smal weights.

Into a fish fairly quickly, with pete still struggling for bites. Four hours, and four fish later, with two more falling to peters rod, we decided to head back towards the morring in order to get the boat back with some depth under the keel

Tally for the day, Peter Snr two fish of around the pound and a half mark, me nabbing four fish, of about the same weight, best going 2lb. Well pleased with the days efforts, its always good to get fish, let alone target fish!

Well done Mr Peck, a very good flounder, nice one. Thanks again peter for another good trip aboad Whistler.

Regards, Rich