Hey Coddy what's with the cuttlefish

Newboy

I have a fish merchant who come to my shop every month and usually he has a good supply of cuttlefish. Around 50p to the lb. Only problem is that I'll have to freeze it if you want any.

Hi Kam

I belong to the IAC (Internet Fishing Club) and a number of people were after cuttlefish.

It appears that they could not get regular supplies so I put out a request on another forum.

If you can get some I am sure you would have customers. smile.gifsmile.gif

I would be able to freeze down some for you if you can get some.

Due to the recent move I will not be able to fish the comp weep.gif but I will be around to help in the registration/weigh in and any launch/recovery at Baiter if needed.

Regards

Coddy

cool.gif

Kam, I believe that you are also based around southampton. I have a vacuum packer, so its easy for me to put down fresh cuttle. Are you able to get hold of a date that your supplier will visit next, as I'll grab a load and whack them down.

I have been in touch qitj Billingsgate, and that price is not too bad, considering the amount of time and diesel spent in transit between here and the East end.

Coddy, if it helps, i used cuttle off the back of the island on my last foray, before the op, and didnt get a sniff! The only cod fell to a slip of macky on baited feather at slack......she went 27 3/4 lb!!!

Tight lines, see you guys at the desk at wekend.

Rich

Freezing them won't be a problems, I've a walk in freezer at work and it blast freeze anything, a joint of pork is frozen in less them 1 hour.

The fish van come and sell us fish+ shell fish, we buy some cuttle to eat, quite like the chewy textile. Don't and won't be selling on, I just get them at whatever they cost. (Sod's law, this timw I want some cuttle and he won't have any ...... just keep the finger cross.)

I'll phone and check the prices for squids.

They are 60p a lb, I'll just bunk them in a bag and weigh them.

Billy, if your friend want large quantity and the bloke said you can go to Brixham and buy it by the box. They have lots of them over there.

I'll by at Cobbs at around 7:30 and for those who are not launching there, I'll pop over to Baiter at around 8:00.

Hi Kam

Sorry for the lack of reply but I have been away (work) weep.gif so I am not always able to see forum.

I will be at Baiter on Sunday so I will take any Cuttlefish you have left and 5lb squid if you have any.

Sorry again for the delay in responding.

I will send you a PM with my phone number if it helps.

Regards

Coddy

cool.gif

I have

Duncan 5

Coddy 10 lb ish

Billy 6

Paul 5(?) 10(?)

Adam 10

Bob 10 lb (ish)

More or less gone, sorry.

Oh, how do you guys want yours?

They are individually wrapped at the mo and all frozen. It will probably take an hour to defrost [large] one in sea water (small one won't matter, defrost quick enough). I can take it out the night before and let them 'soften' slightly if you want.